• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spot healing brush leaves ghosts

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running the 2017.1.1 release of Photoshop and have no issues until yesterday afternoon.

I was working with an image that I was editing that I started in Lightroom.  I was removing a sign from a street scene with the spot healing brush. 

After having removed it, there was a short of the sign.  I tried to remove something else from the image and it left a tan colored remnant of what I had attempted to removed.

This morning I tried a different image, and a flag was left with the tan color and a sign was left with the red of the sign that I was attempting to remove as a ghost of the original sign.

I have looked around on the support site and cannot find anything that would seem to be similar to what it is that I am experiencing.  This worked fine up until yesterday afternoon.  I had been using it yesterday morning, so somewhere between a few images, something went a bit out of line.   Closing both applications, a reboot of the system (Mac Sierra 10.12.6) has not resolved anything either.  (Only 1 year in the Mac world, came from Windows platform)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Sometimes settings are knocked off, and the best way is to reset the tool by right clicking on its icon in the Option bar and try again.

Screen Shot 2016-01-09 at 10.46.17 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes settings are knocked off, and the best way is to reset the tool by right clicking on its icon in the Option bar and try again.

Screen Shot 2016-01-09 at 10.46.17 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a few false takes I finally found the reset and that fixed it.

Thanks!

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do I "reset the tool" on an iPad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting the tool didn't work for me. I'm on Windows, current CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of this thread is 4 or 5 years old. Im running version 11.4.1 of LRC in July 2022 and having the same ghosting issues - but not always. Right clicking on the spot removal tool doesn't give any drop down options. Does anyone have a fix please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as keith wrote above, this is STILL happening.  i'm running 2023 programs from adobe and it's happening.  how can i say this without cursing. . . the latest version is a neverending series of inoperable tools, lame popups telling me crap i already know (oops, touched a smart object while set on eyedropper!  forgive me, o' master adobe!), jerky scrolling that'll suddenly lead me OFF the file, and ceaseless workflow disruptions. 

i've got a brand new macbook 14 with m1 pro chip and 16 gigs of memory.  it's like i'm on a five year old windows machine.  so very tired of the incompetence at adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines