Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw Display problem after updating Camera Raw CC today

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS Error.jpg

Thing working absolutely fine till today, after updating the Camera Raw CC today, the display of ACR is totally changed.

I am using Single monitor so no two display profiles.

I am unable to use ACR . Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

With thanks to Andrew Rodney

Turning OFF GPU acceleration in ACR preferences worked

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My display area is black...no image comes up in the image area since updating to latest Camera Raw CC today!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With thanks to Andrew Rodney

Turning OFF GPU acceleration in ACR preferences worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I confirm turning off GPU acceleration does indeed work! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us what this part of a screen catures is showing us.   It look like is part of some ACR dialog where ACR is bneing use as a filt because of the ACR buttons.  Filtering a layer with side by side images perhaps as a smart filter.  Text on one of the images look like your using windows for the text is Ctrl not CMD.  Windows Photoshop shortcut  Shift+Ctrl+A does open ACR as a filter.

However I have no idea of how you made the side by side image layer. Or why you scaled the images to diffent sizes or what the actual image size is. If the images source was a single raw file converted into RGB images using the same ACR raw conversion setting in two ACR versions.  You provide no information about the software version of Photoshop and ACR. Or how the images were processed in Photoshop. The side by side images are different why  I do not know how you processed them so I hane no idea why they are not the same  or closer to the same.

I havd not installed today ACR update yet  so  I can make a test where I know thing are the sane.   As Single RAW fle converted with ACR setting I create in Photoshop CC 2017 ACR 9.10.1.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

I created it in photoshop with two screen captures to make understand the difference of colour change.

Software  is cc 2017 and camera raw plugin 9.12.0.748 recent updates of 18th july

Turning off the GPU acceleration work and its working fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be your Display Adapter GPU Support then My test with GPU enable shows no difference on my machine.

Open RAW file in ACR 9.10.1 opened as smart Object ProPhotoRGB color space 16bit color.

Converted to color space sRGB and Saved a png

ACR9101.jpg

Closed CC 2017 and install all the Camera RAW update.for all version of Photoshop and Bridge

Repeated the above process

Opened the two PNG files dragged the ACR 9.12 version over the ACR 9.10.1 and set blend mode to difference the was not difference all pixels turned black.  GPU ACR preference is ON in my ACR preferences.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I might need to check the GPU Driver

Nothing actually changing in pixels and all, file in Photoshop seems perfectly fine, but the same photo opened in Camera Raw filter shows an all total different display.

I created the first pic in Photoshop, when open in Camera Raw filter the display changes when GPU is enabled(portion of screen shot is the second pic.)

if I come back to Photoshop from camera raw filter, its again back to normal display

ACR error 2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When is a fix going to be ready?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To me it looks like ACR it showing you, your colors are off the chart. Look at the histogram ACR shows amf the warnong overlay.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Display difference when I switch off and on the Graphic Processor...

I see no changes in Histogram at all.

With GPU off.jpgWith GPU on.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see from my screen capture I do not see image like you do with GPU enabled in ACR.  I wrote you may well have a problem with you display drivers GPU support.  Do you have the latest driver installed? It also look like you are using an old windows version. Which one.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated the graphics driver with latest, still the same problem.

Turning off the graphics at present working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JJ, this bug is apparently real enough. It's been reported several times.

Of course, telling exactly where any bug is, is usually impossible. Things interact in such a complex way that a problem in software A can turn up in software G and K and nowhere else. For the moment, all we know is that an ACR update suddenly produced cyanish whites for some people. Rolling back ACR fixed it for some, and turning off GPU always fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines