• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 standalone software disappears from computer

Participant ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on an iMac running OS X 10.9.5, and Lightroom 6.12.  Every 8 or 9 months my Lightroom application disappears completely from my computer. 

This has happened several times both on my laptop and desktop.  I've been using Lightroom since it was invented and I am no novice to computers so I know I had nothing to do with it.  I turn off my computer at night and the next morning it is gone and I have to reinstall it completely.  It's a pain to reinstall but one day it's going to happen to me on a job where I don't have wifi and that will be unacceptable.  I called Adobe about this and they swear I have to take care of it on the Apple side.  Adobe says Apple can run logs and see where the problem might be happening.  But when I call Apple they say they can't help me unless I'm running the most current operating system. 

Has this ever happened to anyone?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Unfortunately I must say never. I'm sure you're reporting the symptoms correctly but I'm sceptical that the software is uninstalling itself. This would be an issue with the operating system but if it was there would be widespread reports online but I have not seen any.

When it disappears, before you do anything else, can you take a screenshot of the Application folder in Finder?

Something is obviously happening but without more info such as OS X logs, it's hard to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I must say never. I'm sure you're reporting the symptoms correctly but I'm sceptical that the software is uninstalling itself. This would be an issue with the operating system but if it was there would be widespread reports online but I have not seen any.

When it disappears, before you do anything else, can you take a screenshot of the Application folder in Finder?

Something is obviously happening but without more info such as OS X logs, it's hard to say.

Have you tried reviewing the logs?

OS X: How to View Log Files

Any reason you cannot update to Sierra? I saw your post in the Photoshop forum on this. Is compatibility your only issue?

Mac Sierra compatibility with PS6 and LR6 standalone software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check your OS X version. LR 6/CC won't run on a Mac with 10.9.x. It needs OS X 10.10.x or above.

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom system requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me correct my above post. LR 6/CC up to the .6.1 update will run on OS X 10.9. So it could be that if you are installing the .12 update it then can't run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have LR 6.12 standalone, not CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, Yes, compatibility would be my only issue.  I was trying to look at the error logs.  Is there any way to look back a few weeks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please stop responding to yourself. Click the Reply link at the bottom right of the post you are replying to so everyone knows who you are replying to.

LR 6.12 and LR CC 2015.12 are the exact same program. Neither run on OS X 10.9.x.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying I'm not actually running the program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm saying the version of OS X you stated in one of your posts does NOT support the use of LR 6/CC (DOT) .12. For that version of LR 6/CC you need OS X version 10.10.x or above.

If you read the link I posted to the System Requirements for LR 6/CC you will see that.

Photoshop Lightroom CC/Lightroom 6 system requirements and language versions

Windows

• Intel® or AMD processor with 64-bit support*
  • Microsoft Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 (64-bit), Windows 8.1 (64-bit), or Windows 10 (64-bit)
  • 2 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended)
  • 1024 x 768 display
  • 1 GB of Video RAM (VRAM). 2 GB of dedicated VRAM is suggested for large, high-resolution monitors, such as 4K- and 5K-resolution monitors.
  • 2 GB of available hard-disk space
  • DVD-ROM drive required if purchasing Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® retail boxed version
  • OpenGL 3.3 and DirectX 10-capable video adapter for GPU-related functionality
  • Internet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services.†

macOS

• Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support*
  • Mac OS X v10.10 (Yosemite), Mac OS X v10.11 (El Capitan), or macOS v10.12 (Sierra)**
  • 2 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended)
  • 1024 x 768 display
  • 1 GB of Video RAM (VRAM). 2 GB of dedicated VRAM is suggested for large, high-resolution monitors, such as 4K- and 5K-resolution monitors.
  • 2 GB of available hard-disk space (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on removable flash storage devices)
  • DVD-ROM drive required if purchasing Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® retail boxed version
  • OpenGL 3.3–capable video adapter for GPU-related functionality
  • Internet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services.†

* Dual-core processor recommended for HD or AVCHD video functionality.

** Lightroom CC 2015.1/Lightroom 6.1 and earlier versions are supported on Mac OS X 10.8 and Lightroom CC 2015.6.1/Lightroom 6.6.1 and earlier are supported on Mac OS X 10.9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

today this happened on my PC. So it is an Adobe problem (or trick to push the subscription business)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines