• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe After Effects Motion Tile

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to edit a video in After Effects CC 2017 and I put the Motion Tile on both my clips for a Zoom out effect and there is always a black border on the edges but if I try for a different show I'm editing it's not there?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without knowing anything about your video and seeing screenshots, nobody can tell you much, but presumably you simply haveleftover black bars from the video itself. Some camera sensors do that. Therefore you may need to adjust the crop.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect there is a one or two pixel black border on your footage. This is typical in footage grabbed from YouTube or ripped from a DVD.

To check remove the motion tile effect and reset the transform properties so the layer is in the center of the comp and the scale is 100%. Now set the comp magnification factor to 800% and use the hand tool to move to the edge of the comp. Turn on the opacity grid and check the edges. If you have to move the layer a couple of pixels in both directions so you can see the edge.

If the black border is there, and it probably is, then pre-compose moving all attributes to the new comp and scale up the layer to remove the black (or transparent) edges, then apply motion tile to the pre-comp. That will fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think i tried to do that but it didn't work I'm not an avid user of this software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LydiaB,

Are you still facing this issue? Still need help? Let us know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is probably what Rick suggested - edges problem. were you able to follow his instructions completely?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is some tutorial talking about this effect and borders too.

Sam Kolder smooth ZOOM transition tutorial (free) - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Lydiab,

I see that you're an instagram editor like me and if you dm me at @voidxvixen i can send you a video on that. Good luck on the Bellamy edit!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What do you want to do ?
New mailCopy
hello i dont have motion tile in my after effects cc2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines