Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Head Tuner] How to Adjust Camera to Detect My Face Turning Movement Properly

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, everyone.

I have a problem of having my camera detect my face turning movement properly.

I added "Head Tuner" behavior to my "head," and assigned frontal, right quarter, and right profile respectively to layers (I am making characters with Photoshop).

And it works beautifully except the fact that Ch reads my face movement slightly off. When I see straight into camera, my character head appears right quarter; when I turn my head to right quarter, it appears right profile; and when I turn to left quarter, it turns front. I "set rest pose" several times, but it still reads wrong.

I swear my face got a recognizable form even for a built-in camera (I am using Macbook Pro).

Also I have watched every Okaysamurai video, so I don't think I made the mistakes covered in the show, such as layer naming, file hierarchy, and so on.

I would appreciate if any one can give me a hint or hopefully solution for this problem.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few things:

1. Yes, you're right - whenever you click "set rest pose" under your camera, that should reset things so whatever the camera sees at that time is the new frontal position.

2. There is a setting under the Head Turner properties on the right for sensitivity - turning that down will make it less prone to move around. By default this is pretty high to let people see the effect - I usually turn it down a little.

3. If none of these work for you, you can always assign key triggers to the different views and trigger them that way instead of the camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding to my question! I am always looking forward to watching your new videos!

Unfortunately, none of them worked. It seems like my "rest pose"'s default head position is right quarter. Every time I click "set rest pose" my character look away from me.

Is there any possibility where the orientation of head position is set in a different direction, besides a slight chance that the character just hates me?

I double checked each head position is assigned accordingly in Tags.

Any hint or suggestion of what is going on would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it should work - something seems off...could you please File > Export > Puppet and share it here or DM it to me as a link (Creative Cloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) so we could take a closer look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I have just sent you the puppet through DM.

I really appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines