Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inserting meta data

Nov 07, 2008 Nov 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to insert meta data automatically into the head of html files so that, for instance, you can ensure web-based Help isn't indexed by Google or searchable on the web? At the moment it looks like I have to do it manually but I may be overlooking a handy tip or tool in RoboHTML?

Cheers, Simon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I wanted to view this help via the web, what is the address?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be able to do this by creating a template inside your project and manually adding the META tags to it. Then just use the template for all new topics. It is worth saving the Truecode before leaving the template to ensure the change is saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I don't know what you mean by saving the Truecode..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this page where Google tell you how to stop them searching.

http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/topic.py?topic=8459

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simon.

I was referring to the save project function available via the toolbar/menu items. There have been reports where changes have been made to the underlining HTML code (in the Truecode tab) and which are not saved unless you save the project before exiting the tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I see, thanks. I'm using the dreaded T.C. Suite version and it may have differences in tab labels and positions, etc. I'll see if I can get anywhere with your suggestion. Cheers, Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum, that problem you mentioned with saving truecode...is it specific to a particular release of RH?

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2008 Nov 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I'm still on a prehistoric copy of RHX5 and it is the case there. I believe it was still a problem in RH6. Can't speak for RH7 though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not up there yet. It would be on our company's server and, I'm told, searchable. But we want to keep it hidden except for direct links for our customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp