• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2015 auto save doesn't save working file?

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I've encountered this problem for a while now, but just today it's bitten me in the rear severely enough to come here and confront it.

It seems that Photoshop's "auto save" only saves out whatever images you have open except the one you're working on?  This happens to me at home and at work.  If the thing crashes, and you reopen the program, it'll bring up all the reference images you had up, background files, whatever, but the file you were actually working on will not recover.  Is there something I need to change in my preferences or is this a known issue?  It's become a huge pain. Today I lost days of work, and sure enough, upon reopening, it'll bring up everything except the file I was doing work in. 

Another issue is it seems like the auto-save working at all seems like a roll of the dice.  I saw a lot of other people having an issue where there simply are no recoveries at all. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The folder may be hidden. More information here: Auto-save and Auto-recovery in Photoshop CC 2015 - do not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Auto save is working correctly Only documents you  have modified and not save the change to a file are saved as recovery psb files.  Only dirty document are present in your recover folder.  You save or close a document its old recovery psb file will be deleted.

Your recover folder is normally empty. Should Photoshop or you system crash. When you next start photos should there be recovery PSB file in the AutoRecover folder Photoshop will open them for you to recover some of your changes you made and did not save.

There seems to be a bug in Photoshop code withe this feature.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which reminds me, J.J, is it fixed in 2017.1.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there is more than one issue. I have had where it recovery files were not created and other have had recovery files created but not opened after a crash.  Photoshop seems to create the AutoRecover folder  in users appdata where I see mine where other see the folder on one of their scratch disk. I do not use cc 2017 much it has too many bugs IMO,

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like this auto save is spotty. My Mac backs up files continuously, so at least I have that.

Considering it only saves in the event of a crash...good project backup software is what I want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines