• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I add URL file path/location to the toolbar (Quicktools) - Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help on how to add the URL file path/location to the toolbar for Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version 2017.009.20044. It was available in version 11, but I can't seem to find it in this new version.

adobe.jpg

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

You will see the full path when you open the file in the Internet Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has nothing to do with the Acrobat plugin... See: How to Display the Location of a File on the Quick Access Toolbar in Office 2013

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I don't need help with Word. I was just showing that as an example because I no longer have Abode XI on my computer. How do I get that url information in the new Adobe Pro DC.

8-28-2017 7-42-21 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible. This was never a feature of Acrobat, and it's not now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it use to be available because I used it all the time. I was told by my company IT adobe tech that it appears they removed it from this version. I need them to put it back, it is a very useful feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is kind of like this, but I need to be able to select the entire path location. I use to be able to copy the path and paste the link to email someone the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not aware of any such feature in Acrobat. If you were able to do it it was using a plugin of some kind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was coming to the same conclusion. I just don't know if there is a plug in for this version. If you find out please let me know. It is a very useful feature. Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're interested I could develop for you a script that will provide something similar. It will add a button to the menu of Acrobat (and/or to the toolbar) that will open a window with the current file's full path when you click it. You would be able to copy the file from that window and use it elsewhere.

If you're interested in something like that feel free to contact me privately at try6767 at gmail.com, and we'll discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You will see the full path when you open the file in the Internet Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines