Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Toolbar sub-menu not displaying

Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I encountered a problem last week midway through a project: I couldn't access any of the submenus in the toolbar. Pressing and holding wasn't dropping out any of the extra options for shape/mask, text direction, pen tool etc. The only thing that would display was what that tool was currently selected. I could use the keyboard shortcuts to cycle through some of the options, but not all of them would display. It was weird because everything was working fine and then suddenly it wasn't.

It was only behaving on 1 of the laptops at the office , it's a 2016 15" rMBP, 1TB SSD, 16GB RAM. The other computers were fine (2 x new MacPros and a random PC). And my laptop at home is also fine (late 2013 15" rMBP, 512GB SSD, 16GB RAM, GeForce GT 750M).

I've tried the following:

1) Holding down SHIFT-CMD-OPTION and opening up AE to reset the preferences.

2) Uninstalling AE and reinstalling it.

Nothing seems to have worked and it I can't see an option that I may have accidentally clicked to limit the dropdown in the menu. It's the only machine behaving this way.

Has anyone else encountered this and fixed it?

Thank you!

Mal

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

There is also a shortcut to show or hide the tool bar. Ctrl/Cmnd + 1

If resetting the workspace or turning the tool bar off and on doesn't work I'd look for things that have changed on your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You right-click on the toolbar and choose Undock Panel. The windows becomes a floating window. You try to get access to the submenus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am hving that issue now. Making it a floating window does not help. What else can I do????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is also a shortcut to show or hide the tool bar. Ctrl/Cmnd + 1

If resetting the workspace or turning the tool bar off and on doesn't work I'd look for things that have changed on your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines