• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot download and install Adobe Flash Player in Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and IE 11

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying for 2 days to download and install Adobe Flash Player. Went through all the steps to correct the problem provided by Adobe with no luck. I had Adobe Flash Player on this computer before and it worked just fine but had to replace the hard drive and re-install Windows 7 from the disks provided when I purchased the computer. Have downloaded Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 and Adobe Illustrator with no problems. I am at a loss as what to do next.

[Moderator moved from Using Flash Player to Installing Flash Player.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have all the latest updates for Windows 7?

What happens when you invoke the downloader?  Any error messages or codes?

Are you using right-click and admin level permissions?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, I had to re-install Windows 7 and as far as I know, all updates have been downloaded and installed. I get different message codes and error at different times. When Adobe checks it sometimes says it is installed and at other times it says it isn't. When it says it is installed, I go through the steps to make sure it is activated. Still no flash player. Even when Adobe says it is there, it doesn't show up on my computer anywhere. Checked on the hard drive also. I always use administrator when it is offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By default, the Adobe Flash Player installer file should be in your Downloads folder.  Right clicking on that file and selecting run with Admin level permissions should invoke the installation routine.

But that's only one piece  of the puzzle.  Most modern browsers are blocking the Flash Player plugin by default.  You have to specifically Allow Flash on trusted sites from your advanced browser settings.    Depending on which browser you use most, this can be quite a challenge.

Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier

I gave up on Flash in Firefox some time ago.  On those rare occasions when I need Flash Player, I just switch to Chrome.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Fully updated. It is not in my downloads folder. That is the first place I looked. I cannot even get it to download in Chrome with it being the default browser. I downloaded and installed Flash Player was on this same computer and had no problems using Internet Explorer until I had to replace the hard drive and re-install Windows 7 from the disk that was provided with the purchase of the computer. I have not had any trouble downloading and installing any other Adobe products, Reader, PSE 10 and Illustrator. I think the problem is in the Flash Player its self and not in the browers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It always shows it is downloading and installing but when it finishes nothing is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

me too.  Did you ever find a way to get Adobe reader??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines