• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

changing pdf Open Document password

Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a fillable pdf document with an Open Document password.  I want to be able to send this document to a recipient/end-user who can fill in his personal data and then save it using the Open Document password - however, the recipient needs to be able to change the original Open Document password installed by me to his own, personal password.  How would the recipient change the Open Document password without being forced to buy an adobe product?

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Not possible. But why would you want to do that in the first place?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible. But why would you want to do that in the first place?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a fillable pdf document that will be used by many end-users who will all have a strong interest in keeping their data secure and private - and so they will want to be able to establish their own Open Document Password to replace the placeholder password established by me.  I accept it is not possible with this product and must find another solution.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's far from secure, even if they had Acrobat. Anyone with a bit of knowledge in the field can remove such protection in a matter of seconds, and some applications don't enforce it at all...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fillable pdf will be put on a USB thumb drive.  Do you have any suggestions to adding password protection to that USB thumb drive to protect the content of the fillable PDF file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put the file is a password-protected zip file. That is relatively safe and the users can easily do it on their end after filling in the fields and saving the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Outstanding.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a document sent to me in an email that is secure.  When I try to open the document it takes me to a pop up windo that asks for a protected document password.  I have  no idea what that is and my password to access Adobe does not work.  Would you be able to help me figurte this out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No. Ask the author of the file for the password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines