• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic link not working between after effects and media encoder?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, The dynamic link between after effects and media encoder is not working and tries to connect for a very long time.. Can anyone help me??

Many Thanks

TOPICS
Dynamic link

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the versions of After Effects and AME match?

Exactly what version numbers do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  don't use Premiere Pro I use after effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edited my post.

Same question, different flavor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use 2017 AE and 2017 AME

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HeyItzEmmett  wrote

I use 2017 AE and 2017 AME

2017.? and 2017.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2017.1 AE, and AME 2017.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just export the project from after effects to media encoder again and it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By doing file > export > Media encoder queue??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes,

File -> Export > Add to adobe media encoder queue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late response, I tried that and it didn't do anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you dont wait enough time, it takes like max 3 seconds (on my pc) when its exported after i click export in after effects.

You can try again, open after effects and media encoder and then try to export to media encoder.

If that wont work aswell, you can add composition from after effects directly in media encoder

file -> add ae composition

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work, because it required dynamic link, and mine doesn't work - by not working it will just connect and take forever I hope this helped

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this problem

maybe you could try to disable antivirus while export?

(Media Encoder & Dynamic Link Server Failed )

People also saying there that some software may block dynamic link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are working on a system that barely meets the minimum system requirements the Adobe Media Encoder can take several minutes to open. If you have used up all of your resources running ram previews and filled up your cache it can also take a very long time to open the AME. If Premiere Pro is also running and the AME is not already open it can also take a very long time. If AE is not running and you try and open up the AME and load up an AE comp it can also take a long time. Purge your cache and memory, make sure you don't have too many other apps running and try again. If that does not work my first guess is that some Anti Virus or network configuration is blocking the AME from launching a copy of AE in the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disabled it for AE and AME it worked for a bit and now it doesn't let me connect with the dynamic link - I also let it connect over night and it never did

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem after updating to the latest versions:

AE: 2017.2

AME 2017 1.2

OS El Capitan 10.11.6

Queueing through Premiere seems to work, but very time (every project, etc) from AE to AME gets stuck on dynamic link server. Also no firewall or antivirus installed.

Stuff I've tried:

Deleting caches from AE and AME

Uninstalling ME via Creative Cloud and then reinstalling

Creating new projects and testing with simple animations from AE using presets from AME

Trying different networks and Wifi connections

Please advise.

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disabled it for AE and AME it worked for a bit and now it doesn't let me connect with the dynamic link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a password manager?

If so... close Adobe apps... check Task Manager and make certain there are no Ae or AME processes left running... if there are, End Task on them... close password manager... then open Ae and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this will work for you but something simple to try as I had this same problem recently. Somehow I had changed the AEM workspace to a point my que wasn't showing up.

Try - Window > workspaces > revert workspace

About 150 files appeared waiting to render 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the suggested actions are working for me?  It is dynamic link that is not working across all of my apps (AE to AME, Premiere to AE etc.). Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the exact same issue! AME was working fine. Then.. suddenly wasn't. Comps will not load to AME. Performed all suggested updates. Now I am getting a dynamic link error. And I am not where where to go from here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines