Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hard Drive set up for NAS editing throught thunderbolt 3

Participant ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello forum,

We are looking for moving all our data to NAS instead of hard drives... and edit it from the NAS with thunderbolt 3.

The question is for the working station connected to the nas :

1. Is it better to have a NVMe SSD (Samsung 960 Pro) for the OS and a regular SSD for the media cache files (Samsung 850 Pro)

or the opposite ?

2. regular SSD for OS and NVMe SSD for all the media cache files ?

It can sounds silly but I don't know witch configuration will be the best for performance...

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Clemzy,

Better to have the media cache files live locally.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for the answer even if it doesn't reply to the question...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Clemzy,

You asked which drives are better to use for media files using networked storage. All I'm saying is that media cache files are not suitable for network storage. As it is not a recommended way of storing and using media cache files, I thought that info might help you.

As it is not a recommended way of storing and using media cache files, I thought that info might help you. If I am misunderstanding what you want to do, I apologize. I'll move this discussion to the Hardware forum where you might get different opinions.

I'll move this discussion to the Hardware forum where you might get different opinions that might assist you better.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines