• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install standalone CS6 on 2nd computer?

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a download version of CS6 in 2014, still have the original purchase confirmation email.  How do I install this same version on my new 2nd computer (also a Mac)?   I tried logging in to my Adobe account, going to the original order, clicking on link, clicking on 'download', the DMG file does download, but when I click on 'Install', it says it is missing a driver. When I click on the Install instructions, it takes me to Creative Cloud install info -- I do not want CC, but rather the stand alone CS6 that I've already purchased, including the 'rights' to have it on my own 2nd computer.  Thanks for any help you all can provide!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the fast response! I followed all of the instructions from the link you provided, and I am still getting the same error message window after I click on 'Install' folder, message: 'We've encounter the following issues: Installer failed to initialize. This could be due to a missing file. Please download Adobe Support Advisor to detect the problem.'  ... but Adobe Support Advisor is no longer available. Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hwyrun  wrote

'We've encounter the following issues: Installer failed to initialize. This could be due to a missing file. Please download Adobe Support Advisor to detect the problem.'  ... but Adobe Support Advisor is no longer available. Help!

I think this error happens when trying to install CS6 applications (now over 5 years old) with the most recent versions of macOS. There is a workaround to get the installer going; follow the steps in the following link under "Creative Suite 6 perpetual license"

Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I think we are making progress... to a point.    I followed the link you provided (Installing Creative Suite on macOS(Sierra), the installer began running, it asked for the Serial Number which I input, but then I get this message: "Serial number of Previous Version. Serial number you provided is valid, but a qualifying product could not be found on this computer. To upgrade, you must provide the serial number of your previous version. Please select your previous version below..", then it has a drop down window with OTHER Photoshop products, none of which I have (this is a brand new Mac).  I am not trying to 'upgrade', I simply want to install the same CS6 software I originally purchased, just on to my 2nd computer as I am allowed to do. ... Really appreciate all of the help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have a previous version at one time? CS5 or CS4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did have CS5 in 2013... I went ahead and entered that Serial number in, and I think its all working now! There was a message that flashed very quickly, I think it said something about a Trial Membership, but this shouldn't be a Trial because I purchased it already.  I guess I'll find out in 30 days if it disappears/locks me out!  THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for taking the time to assist with this issue! Very helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try placing the "caps" folder in the recycle bin. Do not empty it until you know your install works.

Installer failed to initialize On Mac Problem Fixed - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines