• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw freezing my Imac

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just updated from Photoshop CC 2015 to CC2017 which included the newer version of camera raw, photoshop itself works ok if maybe a little slower on my machine, which is a 2007 iMac intel dual. Core with 4gb ram. However if I open a raw file the whole system immediately hangs, and will only respond to a hard boot. I have uninstalled  CC 2017 and reinstalled CC 2015 but it still has the newer camera raw which still freezes the imac, how can I remove the newCamera raw and reinstall the old one, any help appreciated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Could you try turning off Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw > Use Graphics Processor and restarting Photoshop?

That the OS freezes indicates a problem outside of Adobe’s applications – driver, OS, hardware, …

As fro rolling back ACR you may want to post on the Camera Raw Forum.

Roll back to a previous version of Camera RAW

How Do I Roll Back ACR 6.6 to ACR 6.5?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try turning off Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw > Use Graphics Processor and restarting Photoshop?

That the OS freezes indicates a problem outside of Adobe’s applications – driver, OS, hardware, …

As fro rolling back ACR you may want to post on the Camera Raw Forum.

Roll back to a previous version of Camera RAW

How Do I Roll Back ACR 6.6 to ACR 6.5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks that worked, will see how I get on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences is no proper solution as it invalidates GPU dependent features (like the Rotate View Tool for example) but it indicates problems with the GPU driver or the OS.

You could also try turning it back on and turning it off for ACR specifically (Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw > Ue Graphics Processor).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines