• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to import Fuji X-T20 RAW Files ! Come on Adobe !

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok

The Fuji X-T20 has been released well over a week ago and I'm still unable to open my RAW files as Lightroom won't recognise them

I found a cheat where if I edit the EXIF data and change 'X-T20' to 'X-T2' they load no problem, but this is a pain

What this does prove is that this is a 5 minute fix for Adobe so WHY HASN'T IT BEEN DONE????

What am I paying my subscription for?

This is ridiculous, and it needs fixing with an update immediately

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

The Lightroom update is available now

Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 10.39.32 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to be patient. LR gets updated roughly every three months with new camera support. The next update is probably due this month. Venting won't speed up the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have to be patient at all.

The release of this camera was no 'surprise' to adobe. The sensor (and RAW files) are exactly the same as the X-T2

This is a very very simple fix.

I pay a stash of money for my software to be kept up to date. This is garbage

I shouldn't have to wait for Adobe to release some incremental update on their 3 monthly cycles

If it's not updated in the next 7 days, they've lost a customer.

Nearly every one of their rivals has already sorted this out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which rivals support it?

There is currently no support for the X-T20 in Capture One Pro, On1 Photo Raw, DxO OpticsPro or ACDSee Ultimate.

Modifying the EXIF data (as you are doing) seems to be the common solution at the moment.

No Raw support for XT20 from Adobe?: Fujifilm X System / SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Iridient Developer have 'managed' to do an update.

My point here is that this is merely a 5 minute fix for adobe. There's no technology required, its just a text edit

Making paying customers wait, because they like to do a '3 monthly update' is simply not good enough

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Part of their sales blurb for making people go down the subscription route was that you'd always have an up to date version of the software.

Not up to date minus 3 months

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Adobe features and enhancements are rolled out regularly. No 18-24 month waiting time any more.

No-one said Raw support would be added the same day a new camera is released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Iridient is one (and only one) of a dozen software vendors and they're Mac only. They are usually first out of the blocks. That's typical of them and they're proud of it. Good on them.

No-one else supports it yet. So feel free to go and use Iridient.

You have a valid point but so do all the other new camera customers buying other brands and models. I've heard similar arguments from many new camera customers over the years about how minor is the work required to add support.

This update cycle is no different to any other. Like it or not, we all have to be patient regardless of which software and new camera we buy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I admire your attitude and I wish I had the same level of patience for crap customer service as you do.

I don't expect to buy a camera and not be able to use it because a company I pay a lot of money to have decided I must 'wait'

It's not good enough. Adobe have had months to put this fix in, before the camera was even released.

I know they tend to do a load of them in blocks, but hey ho

I will stop my sub. To be honest a lot of people are telling me Capture One gives much better results with Fuji RAW files anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the moment, you'll be asking Capture One forums the same question about Raw support for the X-T20 though.

I use both Capture One and Lightroom and like both.

Results vary (not necessarily better or worse just different) depending on camera and the type of photos I take.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your expectations are way out of line with reality. Adobe only work on production bodies with final firmware (it's not worth doing otherwise), so support for a new proprietary raw file happens only after the camera is released. As for CaptureOne, they are generally slower supporting Fuji formats and still don't support the compressed raw format for 24mp Fujis - a year after Adobe - so you're really up the creek if you happen to shoot some compressed RAFs and try to use C1.

Rather than shout here, try asking Fuji why they failed to provide DNG as an option. That would have allowed Lightroom to process the images on day one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ginsterspasty  wrote

I admire your attitude and I wish I had the same level of patience for crap customer service as you do.

Adobe doesn't roll out a "5 minute fix" every time a new camera is released.. If they did, they would be releasing updates at least on a weekly basis if not more often. Your camera will get the same attention as every other camera that Camera Raw and Lightroom supports. It will be released in a timely update when Adobe is ready. If you can't live with that then, "tough". Your camera isn't the only new model that has been released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not asking for a 5 minute fix

Everyone knew the RAW files from the X-T20 were going to be exactly the same as the ones from the X-T2 months ago. It could have been put in a previous update quite easily.

It's not 'tough' for me at all. Its Adobe that will lose money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that really the way you want Adobe to handle things?  Just haphazardly rollout support because they "think" everything will be the same? Adobe waits for production models, not pre-release stuff. Adobe has a lot at stake with a lot of users. They have to be certain that they are providing the proper support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not just Adobe. As mentioned previously, Adobe and all the other major Raw editors are guilty of the same delayed support. Only the Mac-only Iridient Developer supports it so far.

If I was Adobe, I would not be supporting pre-production models which might require further engineering when the camera ships. That would be a waste of resources. I would wait for the shipping version and do the reverse engineering once.

Of course, this entire issue would be a non-issue if cameras shipped with the option to Save to DNG built in. That's why Adobe invented the DNG format in 2004 - so consumers would not be inconvenienced by unsupported proprietary Raw file formats..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ginsterspasty  wrote

Everyone knew the RAW files from the X-T20 were going to be exactly the same as the ones from the X-T2 months ago. It could have been put in a previous update quite easily.

It's not 'tough' for me at all. Its Adobe that will lose money.

Change "knew" to "suspected". Even then, that is not enough - proprietary raw formats mean the camera makers can and do make late changes to the format.

What it does mean is that a new camera might get supported quickly and, if you're lucky, Adobe are able to verify production bodies and final firmware  just before the cut off date for the next Lr update. That did happen with my X-T2 and I ordered mine on launch day. It hasn't with your camera, but Adobe have roughly 3 month release cycles and you may not be waiting long.

Jump ship for whatever reasons you choose, but doing so for this reason is irrational. And remember that C1 don't properly support 24mp Fuji raw files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera Raw 9.9 was released today. It has support for this Fuji camera. While that isn't going to resolve anything for Lightroom, DNG converter 9.9 is available. You could use that until the next update of Lightroom is released. I suspect it won't be very long  before Lightroom is updated.  But if you want to get started in the meantime, you can experiment with DNG files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloading LR update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think the Lightroom update is available yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom update is available now

Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 10.39.32 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange. It doesn't show up on my Creative Cloud Application Manager. And I can go to the download site and it doesn't show there either. Maybe it's just slow getting to my area. I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

log out and log in back into Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,  but the update just showed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still does not show up in my CC application manager.... Solutions anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact version of Lightroom running on your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines