• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change default page order when printing in Acrobat Pro DC?

Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I restart Acrobat Pro DC the paper handling option (Print Dialogue, accessed from the 'printer' button from the Acrobat Print Dialogue box) resets to Automatic. I want it to be 'Normal'. If I forget then I have to manually reverse the page order of my print out (or, reset the option and print again, which unfortunately is faster with large print jobs). Obviously this wastes time/paper. How can I set it to 'Normal' permanently?

I only ever have this problem with Acrobat. No other Apps' print jobs print in reverse by default!

Using Acrobat Pro 2017 release on MacOS 10.12.6.

Thanks,

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Oliver-J,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As you have mentioned above, you are trying to change the default option set for page order in printing window.

Sorry to inform you that there is no such option to change the default option.

However, you can try a work around. Launch the application and go to Preferences > Documents.

Check the box for "Restore last view settings"  and click OK at the bottom.

Then try to print some file and select the option you need to make default. After that print the file.

Then try to print another file and check if the settings are same as set before.

You may also take help from here:

How do I turn off double sided printing for PDF documents? (Print Production)

Can't find setting to prevent (default) duplex printing in Acrobat printing interface (Print Product...

I hope this will help.

Let us know if you need any other help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately on exciting the application and opening the same file (or other files) the print setting still defaults to automatic. The issue remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having just spoken with our printer manufacturer (epson) the issue is actually with the adobe acrobat print dialogue which conflicts with the system/printer defaults, We find it mainly happens with print runs with odd page numbers whereby unless you select the reverse order in the adobe print dialogue, it prints the first page blank page on the 1st sheet of paper and then proceeds to print the 1st page of the document on the reverse (inside) of the 1st piece of paper. Printing the same thing from other apps comes out normal so its the adobe default of reverse pages being unticked which is confusing it. Is there a way of making this reverse pages setting on by default.

Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 12.34.13.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When was the last time that anyone had a multi-page PDF that didn't require being printed in reverse order? There needs to be a default "reverse order" setting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always want my PDF to print First Page First, because I print documents two per page and double sided to ensure I save paper.   However, it is beyond frustrating with PDF in Acrobat Pro or Reader because I can never get the setting right and waste too much paper.   The last time I had to read the document in reverse on the paper....... what a pain in the backside....

How can I ALWAYS ensure I have First Page First - 

OR

a sensible, easy way to ensure I get what I want first time?

FYI: I want the correct page order for two per page, double sided printing.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS is the point. This thread is 5 years old and they still have not fixed this? It is moronic! Why the hell would I want to manually sort every page of a 100+ page document just because I forgot to MANUALLY set it EVERY time I have to print something??? Adobe, get your **** together and put in a proper print settings page in the program preferences. It ISNT HARD!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, well stated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And here it is,  moving to the end of 2023 and Adobe still hasn't bothered to figure out that NO ONE PRINTS IN REVERSE ORDER.  I've never had a word processing application print in reverse order. This is the stupidest default in the history of defaults.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines