• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Splash screen not closing after startup

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just recently the startup/splash screen stopped closing about half the time I open InDesign. It's not frozen, that screen just hangs there in the way saying "completing initialization." However, I can still open and edit documents, so initialization seems to complete. Also, the splash screen disappears from view (leaving the Indesign workspace/document unobscured) while other windows are active, but reappears as soon as I switch back to InDesign.

Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 9.14.17 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you upgrade to latest InDesign? (CC 2017.1)

Also please try after renaming or cleaning your cache and preferences

Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem repeatedly and have had the latest version of InDesign (2017.1) installed since it became available.

It is a problem which is resolved briefly after trashing prefs, only to recur time and time again.

It is very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it realistic to expect that Adobe will address this issue?

I have been using InDesign since version 1.0 and have never before encountered a situation where it was necessary to trash preferences and re-launch time and time again.

I use InDesign daily for my work, have no junk on my computer and know what I am doing. I have search exhaustively for a solution to this to no avail.

This is clearly a bug. A very irritating one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes we can have a look at the issue. It would be great if somehow you can tell us some reproducible steps so that we can see and fix the issue.

Clearly, this bug is very rare.

It would also be nice if you could rename your preferences and cache once and then try; so that it is clear if it is a preference issue or some external factor that is responsible for the splash screen not going.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, Aman. It seems to be a particular issue after startup. I will see if I can screen-record the phenomenon and get back to you when I've done that.

- Hugh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hugh

Did you find a fix - I also have this problem and it's driving me mad?

Emma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

All i can suggest is to clear both cache and preferences... restart system and then launch InDesign.

if this does not help try this article Troubleshoot the Photoshop Welcome Screen . This is for photoshop.. but most of the steps are common for InDesign as well.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for the suggestion - I do that everyday but it doesn’t resolve the issue.

Thanks again

Emma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Emma, I have not found a solution.

Unfortunately, I have had to learn to not grin and bear it.

And you know, just this morning was the first time I stopped and read one of the emails that Quark occasionally sends me to try to woo me back to Xpress, which I left many years ago in favour of InD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem on both InDesign and Photoshop.

I'm working on MacBook Pro 13" late 2016 with macOS 10.16.6 and InDesign 2017.1

I've been using InDesign all day long for 10 years now. But as it is is the most buggy and slow software I've ever used I trash Preferences sometimes 5 times a day (including cache and Saved application state).

So this seems to be another problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem notably occurs when I activate InDesign in Applescript.

If I launch it from the Dock or open a document while InDesign is not open, the splash screen disappears usually.

For me the splash screen is stuck on "Panel start up".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I found a workaround but I'm not sure if it can mess something in InDesign.

I simply deleted the images used as the splash screen.

At least the splash screen won't appear anymore.

In Finder :

Go to "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2017/Adobe InDesign CC 2017.app/Contents/Resources/ID_SplashCC@2x.png"

and delete that file

Go to "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2017/Adobe InDesign CC 2017.app/Contents/Resources/ID_SplashCC.png"

and delete that file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes that is a known issue Wherein splash screen does not go when InDesign is launched from Applescript.

I was assuming that InDesign was being launched by double clicking.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you by any chance, using proprietary software to open the indesign file? It only happens to me when I try to open the ID file through our own app. I haven't seen it done yet if I open it through the Mac OS Finder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For me - it was to do with login items. I got rid of indesign from User & Groups login items and threw away login preferences (com.apple.loginitems.plist) and it's sorted.

Hope this works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines