• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS5 hangs/stops responding w/busy cursor after inserting image(s)

Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Ive been working for 3 y. Indesign CS5 and now a painful problem arose:

I am working on a bulletine publication (ca.130 pages), there are PSD images to be inserted (6-8 MB average, multilayer),

after linking 10 images ID stopped responding, like it was busy, can only close app. from Win. manager-then it asks for saving as usually but cant save actually-just close it. Actually hangs or gets busy on pressing ENTER/next paragraph-looks like moving remaining text forces some resource consuming task...

ID file is about 9 megs big so quite small by now.

Cant work with it anymore...

Btw. Yes-I did IDML export and reimport, did not help.

Any ideas-anybody,anything?

Cheers,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

CS5 is not supported under Windows 10.

You can try trashing your preferences and/or running in Windows 7 compatibility but beyond I'm afraid you're pretty much on your own here.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

What is the OS that you are using for ID CS5? Does it happen with specific files? Did you try linking any other file type (not PSD)?

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Phenom X4, Win 10 x64, Nvidia latest drivers, 16 GB RAM.;

No, I work exclusively with linked PSDs.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS5 is not supported under Windows 10.

You can try trashing your preferences and/or running in Windows 7 compatibility but beyond I'm afraid you're pretty much on your own here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I completely agree with Bob here. CS5 was never tested and made for Windows 10. There can be compatibility issues. You can try the steps suggested by Bob and check if that helps. I believe it's time to upgrade to CC.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having something similar with Photoshop after simple editing on 6 photos when I click on "save as" the folder is blank even though it is populated with other files - the programme then hangs, and I have to go to task manager to close PS - for me it appeared to happen after a Reader DC hot fix update that I did not even have the chance to accept! I received a message from a Adobe agent asking for details and then silence for 10 days.

I think it's a bit off saying they don't support a product, when it worked until they messed up my system. One could wonder if it's a ploy to get us to update to subscription mode - after all the Word app on my iPad lost some of it's functions after an update, and the only way to regain them is to go to the subscription mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to run an unsupported configuration this is what you're facing...every little change you make can break something.

Lose the conspiracy theories. Adobe has bigger fish to fry than this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Bob,

Everything was working until 11/08/2017 when Reader DC was updated, and this date and time was replicated against Adobe Professional and Photoshop CS5 saying they had been updated. It's not the fact that I am running an unsupported configuration that is the problem, it's Adobe changing their software without due regard to the consequences. I have a windows 7 laptop which luckily has not been connected to the internet for the last 2 months but had Reader DC installed and up to date at that time - and CS5 works perfectly on that editing as many photos as required ( 200 today already).

I am now not going to connect this laptop to the internet because I need a working version of photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you posting in this thread? This about InDesign CS5 and Windows 10.

There have been no updates to CS5 in quite a few years. I suggest you visit the Photoshop forum is you need help there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The reason I am in this forum was that I was replying to your comment!

i have posted in the photoshop forum and apart from an initial request for info, that was auctioned - it has gone quiet for over a week.

dont bother replying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines