what are they for?

var h = "845fgrsop-54bn-4uig-m85p-kdtg56dfvb7hd";

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tom

Why put them in Photoshop scripts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would have to see the context that it was used in as there are many reasons. I used a unique ID as I needed to pass an array from CEP scripting engine to ExtendScript scripting engine or maybe it was the other way. The data could contain a "," so I couldn't use toString() on the array. I put a unique identifier in between each and then split it on the other end. Probably overkill and I'm sure there are better ways and it did add some overhead but it worked. Which is usually why things are the way they are in code sometimes. That is one example for you. Lots of times you want to tag an image unique for database purposes. You see them in CC libraries and XMP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines