• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CROP PDF Doc using CFPDF

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2008 Oct 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I scan, index and upload a lot of questionnaires which are regular page sized docs. I need to composite just the bottom half of each scanned questionnaire to fit three to a legal sized sheet to then print them out. My original doc is 8.5 x 11.0 inches and I need to crop it to 8.5 x 5.5, and then composite three 8.5 x 5.5 docs to an 8.5 x 14 document. Typically I would scan 70-100 questionnaires and would expect to composite to 1/3rd the number of legal sized docs.

All the docs are stored online and can be retrieved, sorted through simple search forms.

Any help appreciated
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Nov 05, 2008 Nov 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is not possible with cfpdf, try using iText. An early version is built into CF8
http://www.lowagie.com/iText/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2008 Nov 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Resolved issue by scanning as png file, then used CFX_openImage to crop and resize. Also tried <CFIMAGE> but it ran way too slow - CFX_openImage was 20-30 times faster. The made PDF doc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2008 Nov 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I looked at iText. Thanks again. I generate a lot of dynamic docs with free flowing text and have used RTF format docs to do it. This iText looks very promising. I had restricted myself to the use of PDF to forms only, where it is really good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation