• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop Acrobat from padding the width of a narrow pdf page?

Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating  pdf ebooks from series of jpeg image files of each book page, using Acrobat XI's "Combine files in Acrobat" context command in Windows 10. All works fine, except I like to add the spine of each book as a page in the ebook. These spines are often less than than an inch thick, perhaps 1/2" wide physically. When Acrobat produces the pdf the page of the spine is automatically padded on left and right to 1" width. I can later use the cropping tool and remove this padding, but can I get Acrobat to create the pages of narrow spines without padding those pages in the first place? (I'm scanning the pages at 300 dpi, and if the spine jpeg is less than 300 dpi wide, Acrobat will consistently pad it to 300 dpi wide, or 1" according to the ruler in Acrobat, adding white equally to left and right sides.)

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The minimum page size is one inch (25.4mm). A pity, but there it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this defined in the pdf standard, or is it an Acrobat-defined minimum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Acrobat. Similarly max 200 inches is Acrobat.  That limit was increased with Acrobat 4.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines