• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not see seconds in timeline After Effect

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2017 version, Just installed. it alternates between this on photo and fps.IMG_6389.JPG

Tried this, not working:

To cycle through Timecode Base, or Frames/Feet + Frames (depending if you have the “Use Feet + Frames” option checked in the Project Settings), Ctrl-click (Windows) or Command-click (Mac OS) the current-time display. The current-time display is in the upper-left corner of the Timeline panel and at the bottom of the Layer, Composition, and Footage panels. (See Timeline panel.)

The option that is not selected in Project Settings will be displayed as smaller text underneath. To display only the option selected in Project Settings (Timecode or Frames), do the following:

Open Display preferences by selecting After Effects > Preferences > Display (Mac OS) or Edit > Preferences > Display (Windows). Deselect the Show Both Timecode and Frames in Timeline Panel option (this option is selected by default). To change time display units, choose File > Project Settings, and choose from the options in the Time Display Style section

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

I am afraid this is a bug that was introduced in the latest version of CC2017. please submit a bug report so the team will know to prioritize this issue up the list and all we can do is wait... Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

show us a full screenshot of your Ae interface. show us time ruler options you get when you change the current time display options (by alt+click on it)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first screenshot shows your seconds, doesn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

martinr84659894  wrote

The first screenshot shows your seconds, doesn't it?

it does, but the time ruler is messed up. you can still of course assume that f means s, but the real problem is the weird time intervals on 29.97 and 30 frame per second compositions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am afraid this is a bug that was introduced in the latest version of CC2017. please submit a bug report so the team will know to prioritize this issue up the list and all we can do is wait... Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The upper image of your two screenshots is seconds and frames.  In this section:

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 7.47.33 PM.png

you see 29 secs and 5 frames, followed by 33 secs and 10 frames.

At certain wider zoom levels of the timeline it will change from f (frame) to s (seconds), meaning it is showing just increments of seconds.

EDIT:  As a 24 or 25fps guy I didn't recognise the slight hiccup in time increments in 29.97/30 comps that is discussed above.  A bug, indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's true, but the time ruler is still messed up.

On 25f comp everything is fine, on a 29,97f or 30f comp, you get something like:

58:10f ... 06:20f ... 15:00f

The actual time is:

58s10f ... 01m06s20f ... 01m15s06f.

It's a question of zooming level, but a good time ruler would be read- and understandable at all zooming levels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a question of zooming level, but a good time ruler would be read- and understandable at all zooming levels.

I agree martinr84659894​, I think many still do not acknowledge that this is a bug until they face it head on in a project. the more attention we get by posting about it and more importantly - file bug reports, the likeliness that this bug will be squashed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, when i zoom out I can see minutes, but any zoom in below 2min gets me this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a paying customer, can I choose to install an older version?

If yes, which one would you recommend?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install an older version through the CC Manager:

https://support.topazlabs.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/202220928/rollback1.png

But as long as this is only a display issue, I wouldn't go too crazy about it. You still can enter the TC directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC 2015.3 was the last version this worked properly so I would recommend this version if this issue is a big deal for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome kamehame888​, please if you can indulge me with 2 things:

1. mark this response that this is a bug as correct. it will make users see the solution far more quickly

2. submit a bug report at your convenience

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines