• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hi, I ma trying to do this in photoshop. Can you tell me where I can get a tutorial on achieving photos inside a viriety of cut outs. Google evens for canada 150 and you see the logo with different photos in each section. Any information would be helpf

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image result for events canada 150

[Moved from the non-technical Lounge Forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

As just said this is very easy, even in Photoshop. What you need is to use 'custom shapes' Photoshop comes with lots of these or you can create them from scratch in Illustrator(Photoshop cannot do that) Below is a simple one created with Photoshop vector shapes.

puzzle.png

All this involves is creating three shape layers and a clipping mask for each layer. So each image sits on its own

layer and is clipped to the vector shape below it. You can of course scale the images with the 'transform tool'

0.png

1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is easily done with a combination of layer (vector) masks and shapes. Look for layer masking tutorials.

Although I wouldn't do this in Photoshop, but in Illustrator (or even InDesign) to retain shape/cutout sharpness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As just said this is very easy, even in Photoshop. What you need is to use 'custom shapes' Photoshop comes with lots of these or you can create them from scratch in Illustrator(Photoshop cannot do that) Below is a simple one created with Photoshop vector shapes.

puzzle.png

All this involves is creating three shape layers and a clipping mask for each layer. So each image sits on its own

layer and is clipped to the vector shape below it. You can of course scale the images with the 'transform tool'

0.png

1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines