• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy command stops in Action

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to make a action that uses a contact sheet then i copy and paste my watermark including a return date on it. When i run the action again on another set of photos the copy is gone, which means i cant paste. Does anybody know what could be causing this? It never happened on cs5 only on cs6.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gone? What are you coping to the clipboard? Did you make a selection open an image select all copy merge it to the clipboard and close the image file. What is gone? Was there a selection did copy work  or was it unavailable.  You can not paste it copy did not work. Post your action...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's likely that you recorded the 'Copy' as part of the action. So now when you play the action it is copying nothing and replacing what was originally in the clipboard. Try removing the Copy element from the action or re-record the action, making sure to omit the copy stage.

hope this helps,

Angie Taylor | http://www.creativecabin.co.uk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post meaningful screenshots, meaning the files open with the Layers Panel visible, the Action fully expanded in the Actions Panel, …

Copy/pasting in Actions and Scripts is usually a bad idea in my opinion.

Placing a Smart Object might be more prudent – as long as one does not remove the placed file from its original location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for everyone's input....i will be posting a video on the steps in the action

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would be best to upload your Actions .ATN file to a files sharing site and post a link to it.  Far better then than a silent cinema.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines