• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Ideas files...

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to post this in the Adobe Draw forum, but couldn't find one for Ideas.

I have some old work files on Ideas on my iPad (not saved to the Cloud) that I need to access but the app has continually crashed on startup for about 2 years now. I understand Adobe no longer supports Ideas, but is there a way I can access the files and either download onto my Mac or open in Ideas etc?

Are there any third party applications that anyone can recommend?

Thanks all

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Bootfit.

It's the newer operating system that's causing Ideas to crash.

When iOS 9 first came out two or so years ago, our engineering team came up with a way for people to get the .idea files off their devices and into Adobe Draw. I don't know whether these steps will still work, but it's worth giving them a try:

01 Back up your iPad to your desktop machine using iTunes.

02 Browse to https://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/tutorials/how-to-browse-backups-on-iphone on your desktop, and follow the di

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bootfit,

First of all, install Draw and sign in using the same Creative Cloud account as you used for Ideas.

Then:

1. Choose Settings

2. Choose Import Ideas Files

3. Use the Import Individual Files to browse your Ideas in your CC account.

When you tap the link in Step 3, you get a file browser into your Creative Cloud assets, and you'll find your (hopefully synced) Ideas files there.

Mike

IMG_0554.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers Mike, - my original Adobe Ideas files aren't saved to the Cloud, they're just (somewhere) on my iPad. Any ideas on how to access them without the use of the Cloud?

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure - the Ideas files should have synced to your Creative Cloud library. Other than that, I don't know how to get them moved. Perhaps Sue Garibaldi​ at Adobe may have some "ideas?" (Apologies for the bad pun).

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bootfit.

It's the newer operating system that's causing Ideas to crash.

When iOS 9 first came out two or so years ago, our engineering team came up with a way for people to get the .idea files off their devices and into Adobe Draw. I don't know whether these steps will still work, but it's worth giving them a try:

01 Back up your iPad to your desktop machine using iTunes.

02 Browse to https://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/tutorials/how-to-browse-backups-on-iphone on your desktop, and follow the directions there to get access to the backed up files. (Downloading and installing the iExplorer app on your desktop is one of the steps.)

03 Export the folder associated with the Ideas app (which should show up as "App - com.adobe.ideas.ipad" in the iExplorer window), so you can access the files through your desktop file browser.

04 In your desktop file browser, navigate to "App - com.adobe.ideas.ipad/Library/Private Documents/documents/sync/files."

05 Take any of the .idea files in that directory that you want to retrieve and upload them to your Creative Cloud account, either through a web browser or through the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app.

To import the .idea files back into Draw:

01 Launch Draw. Open the settings panel and tap on "Import Ideas Files". Then, tap on the import option desired. You can either import all the .idea files or pick and choose which files to import.

Good luck.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue - that worked great. Thanks very much for your help

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mike,

Oh good. I'm so glad. Thanks for letting me know.

Have a great weekend.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines