Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem With Generator Error Message [was: Help what to do?]

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is Amanda, a Creative Cloud member for months, using photoshop and indesign daily for work.

Don't know where went wrong, Photoshop showing me warning message (please see attached pics) many times now. I uninstalled and installed the app many times so far following what said in the message, but still can't solve problem which prevents me from saving work or creating new artwork.

Being stuck for a while, don't know what to do? Appreciate that someone can point me a  direction.

Many thanks

very depressed Amanda (xiaomanyi@gmail.com)

Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 11.28.17.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 11.26.07.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amanda

What operating system are you using?

How often are you seeing the error messages, and under what circumstances?

When you reinstalled, did you run the Cleaner tool?

Have you seen this Help page?

Error: "There is a problem with Generator" occurs when launching Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Trevor

Thank you very much for this informative reply.

I am using Mac 10.12.6.

I got this message week ago and keep seeing it everyday when I am trying to save some work done via PS.

I looked at the Error Link you put in message and tried all solutions, found not very useful for my situation:

regarding to solution 1, there is a folder with correct PS Version name under where it should be.

Regarding to solution 2, there is no other plug-in  in generator folder that I am supposed to get rid of.

So, there is only one thing I haven't tried, which is when you ask, Have I run the Cleaning tool when installing the app. How can I run cleaning tool? where is it then?

Many thanks again

Amanda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yuyangz44628514  wrote

So, there is only one thing I haven't tried, which is when you ask, Have I run the Cleaning tool when installing the app. How can I run cleaning tool? where is it then?

Google points to Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you John for replying my message.

So far, I have tried Cleaner Tool as well, but problem remains. 😞

Really don' t know what to do.

Is there a place where I can take my laptop to and let experts  have a look where on earth the problem is?

Thanks

Amanda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines