Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Solid Pencil tool loads when I want a blurred pencil tool in Elements 10

Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on the pencil tool, I choose standard brushes and there are two options. The solid pencil tool and the blurred pencil tool. But I am only getting the solid pencil tool when I choose the blurred one, no matter the size. My eraser allows me to erase with the blurred option and solid option. I downloaded the latest patch for Elements 10 and restarted my computer, but still the problem persists. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anthonyw20183745  wrote

When I click on the pencil tool, I choose standard brushes and there are two options. The solid pencil tool and the blurred pencil tool. But I am only getting the solid pencil tool when I choose the blurred one, no matter the size. My eraser allows me to erase with the blurred option and solid option. I downloaded the latest patch for Elements 10 and restarted my computer, but still the problem persists. Please help!

Suggest that you reset the tool. To do that, in your version of the program, on the tool's option bar, look for a little arrow top left. Click and reset.

If you don't see the arrow in this location, look for a box with lines in it on the option bar on the right (more recent versions).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Hatstead, however, it did not work. I figured that at this point, I will use the paintbrush tool which gives me the blurred effect I was looking for, though I should have been able to do the same with the blurred pencil tool. I don't know why it won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there can be any such thing as a "Blurred Pencil Tool", since the Pencil Tool doesn't have any anti alias.

In other words using the Pencil Tool is like drawing pixel art in a 8 bit paint program, if you remember those.

If you look at the Brush Previews of the pencil tool as compared to the brush tool, you can see the round brush tool has a slight anti-alias while the pencil tool is just like a solid block of pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are however some pencil type brushes in the Dry Media Brush presets for the brush tool and they have a slight blur to them as compared to the pencil tool.

penc.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines