• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe may offer you a "deal" which is actually more expensive than advertised

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks, just to give you a heads up I chatted to Adobe online a couple of times recently, about CC cancellation - I'm no longer working at a university so don't qualify for an educational plan this year, but was wondering about cancelling anyway, or at least just picking Premiere as a single app - and the Adobe chat team presented me with an offer that was actually more expensive than the website advertises. When I pointed this out, they said they could only charge me that higher price themselves, and that if I wanted anything lower I'd just have to cancel the subscription with them and buy a new plan myself, as per the advertised price. Not very satisfied about that but it probably wasn't the fault of the representative, who tried very hard to help me but went away to check and was presumably only provided with a higher price, hence Adobe just saying they could only cancel my plan in the end. Just something to be aware of.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Hi Abby,

I heard back from our billing team on this- it was an agent error as the agent was giving you the price for the "All Languages" product (which is a bit more expensive), not the "English" product. The English product is the same price on the backend- we're so sorry about this confusion.

Let us know if you need any help signing up, if you're still interested.

Thanks,

Madison

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What were the details of the offers? What prices were being offered, and for what plans, exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link. That's Adobe's standard advertised plans.

What I meant was: what did the Adobe chat team present to you which was more expensive than the website advertises?

You want to cancel. Or swap to Single App Premiere. What offer did you get at that point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They wanted me to pay £250.08 for a pre-paid year of Premiere Pro, when the Adobe website advertises £238.42 for that plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, that sounds odd. Do you have a transcript of the chat where that offer was made? Or a case number?

We can escalate these chats to Adobe staffers (I don't work for Adobe myself) for further research if we can get a transcript or case number to find out why you were given that higher price.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John, that would be brilliant. The case reference is 0223011585, or if you can't access that I have a transcript I can e-mail in. It was disappointing, especially as I'd contacted them to be honest about my leaving the education sector, yet I could have simply let them proceed with the educational renewal price they were going to give me (which according to my renewal e-mail would have been £248.35 - cheaper still, and let me keep all the apps!). I don't hold out much hope but as I'd told them, am considering other solutions anyway - I've been using FCP or Premiere for my own freelance independent productions and by day I work in TV drama too where we're mainly on Avid, hence my considerations about just moving onto Avid for what I buy myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've escalated the case to others within Adobe. I can't personally do any more.

Let's see if anything comes of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abby,

I reviewed your case and it does look like there is a price discrepancy between our system (for agents) and the website- the price for agents is higher than the price on the site.

I am escalating this to our billing team to see why this may be occurring. I'll let you know what I hear back.

Thanks,

Madison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the follow up, Madison. Appreciate your efforts.

If what you're saying (agent's price vs website price is different) is true, it makes no sense. Be good to hear the reason for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries John, thanks very much for escalating it to them - that's much appreciated. All the best and thanks again,

Abby

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Madison, hi John - thanks both very much for your help. Yes, as John says, that'd be good to get to the bottom of, as it makes no sense that I was presented with a deal as if it was a discount, which would really have cost more money than the legitimate price. Thanks both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abby,

I heard back from our billing team on this- it was an agent error as the agent was giving you the price for the "All Languages" product (which is a bit more expensive), not the "English" product. The English product is the same price on the backend- we're so sorry about this confusion.

Let us know if you need any help signing up, if you're still interested.

Thanks,

Madison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Madison, thanks very much for looking into this for us. I'm not sure if I'll still sign up for Adobe, but will definitely think about it - could you confirm the correct price which the agent should have offered me please? The first offer the agent made was "I can offer you 1 free month to your subscription means you will use the subscription for 12 months but you have pay only for 11 months" but again this is ambiguous as it may have just related to the all-apps package (or even an all-language pack if you think the agent was looking at that product in error as you say).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Madison, hope you're well. I've still not heard back from either Adobe or yourself on this (my message below), so can I assume that their original offer of a month free, or whatever price it should have been that the agent offered me, can no longer be honored or offered? It's been several days and I've not had a reply either on here or by e-mail / phone but it'd just be good to know either way please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abigail'sParty,

I have sent you a mail as well as a personal message, can you please check & respond. I would love to follow up.

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rajashree, thanks very much for getting in touch - much appreciated. I've replied to your message so look forward to hearing from you - thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines