• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Regular BSOD when working with the new titler

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded my computer to an i7 7820x to speed up editing and upgraded to the latest version of Premiere Pro.

Upon opening it for the first time, when the Adobe intro video starts, I get a BSOD right away with a general "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" and the computer restarts.
When opening a project, everything seems to be working fine, except the tiltler: every single time I adjust the properties of a title (shadow, transparency, size, etc) I get a blue screen of death.

I tried everything: clean re-installation of windows, different drivers, older versions of GPU drivers. The computer always crashes on adjusting titles.

I also tried gaming like crazy (to put the system under intense stress) and everything works fine, so I think it's not a computer issue but a problem with Premiere Pro.

Now I'm stuck and I cannot proceed with my work.

My configuration is as follows:

Intel i7 7820x

Gigabyte X299 UD4

32Gb ram

1Tb M.2 SSD

Nvidia GTX 980 Ti

Latest version of Premiere Pro as of 13 august 2017

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BSOD most often is the result of a faulty driver or bad hardware.

As you are using new hardware...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to hardware forum for expert advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still use the old titler.

File > new > legacy title.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon further testing, the situation has improved by reverting to BIOS version F3, instead of the newest provided by Gigabyte (I think it's called F4g or another letter at the end).

The titler still causes Premiere Pro to crash every now and then, but at least since it's a SW crash I am able to recover the latest modifications to my project.

Still very annoying but I can proceed with my work.

I do not recommend PPro users to upgrade to the latest BIOS if you have a new Gigabyte motherboard.

Yes, all hardware is brand new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with a similar configuration and I'm also experiencing BSOD, not tried with the titler, but it crashes every time warp stabilizer starts to analyze a clip... and sometimes BSOD happens also randomly.

i7820x

Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7

64Gb RAM

512Gb M.2 SSD

MSI Nvidia 1080 8Gb

Latest driver, latest bios (I tried also an older one), latest WIN 10 Pro updates, latest Premiere CC (25th August).

Adobe problem with new Intel CPUs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME PROBLEM HERE! Pls Adobe, help!

i7820x

ASUS TUF X299 Mark II

32Gb RAM

240Gb M.2 SSD

GTX1070 Turbo 8Gb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does it crash if you set gfx card premiere render to software only?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there's no difference if I set "Software only". Same BSOD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Premiere 2015 everything works fine. When the Adobe 2017 intro video starts, I get a BSOD right away with a general "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" and the computer restarts. I can't  even run PP 2017.   I tried everything: roll back GPU driver, reinstall Win10. Everything! Pls, help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, I solved upgrading the bios of the motherboard (mine is a Gigabyte, but based on the same X299 platform).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now everything's works fine? Without any problems? No crashes when you use warp stabilizer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that only solved the BSOD at startup...

Then BSOD started to happen when applying warp stabilizer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not happy with that solution. Can it be up to Premiere? Win 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me, a lot of BSOD also have a brand new MSI x299..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is here anyone from Adobe who can help us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case it might be an Adobe fault, file a bug report here:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BSOD usually means hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, It's an hardware error cause by the X299 and something from Adobe. I double check all my hardware, everything is working fine and un only get BSOD on AE ou Pre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not always. 2015. version of Premiere works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It must be an anomaly with the x299 mobos because I'm using the gigabyte x99p-sli with the latest Premiere and having no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my clever friend (the old overclocker)) advised me to do this:

Go to the BIOS and change the CPU voltage setting. (For Gigabit X299 UD4 motherboard) BIOS / M.I.T./Advanced Voltage Setting / CPU Core Voltage Control / Internal CPU Vcore - set 1.2v instead of "Auto". That's exactly what I did. While everything is working fine. After Effects CC2018 and Premiere CC2018. "Turbo Boost" I did not turn it off.

Try to change this parameter on motherboards of other manufacturers. Perhaps this will help solve the problem.

Attention! Do not forget to monitor the CPU temperature. And install a good CPU cooling.

(Most likely this is an Intel problem, but not Adobe problem.)

Configuration

MB Gigabyte X299 UD4

CPU Intel Core i7-7820X

RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2800Mhz 64Gb

SVGA Gigabyte GTX 1080Ti

SSD1 Kingston 240Gb

SSD2 Samsung 850Evo 2Tb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has anyone gotten a fix for this problem? Adobe software was working fine until around mid April or so.

I'm having the same issue with Premiere Pro CC 2018. It randomly crashes the pc. But when I try to use the warp stabalizer... It crashes EVERY SINGLE TIME. I have contacted Adobe tech support but haven't heard anything back yet.

My System:

Intel i9 7920x

Asus x299 Prime Deluxe

Corsair Dominator Pro DDR4 64GB

NVidia GTX 1080

Samsung NVMe2 Pro 1TB HD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines