• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arrowhead concavity setting

Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I'm stumped. I've been trying to figure out the geometry of the arrowhead and what the concavity setting is based on. The length of the arrow is based on the width of the line of the arrowhead, and is applied to the actual line length - not the actual arrowhead length. The width is, again, based on the width of the line. However, I've can't get the concavity. Somehow it's based on the width of the arrowhead, but I can't figure out how or what dimensions are used to calculate it.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Looks like tip is ignored.

My guess:

2017-09-01_083410.jpg

2017-09-01_082929.jpg

2017-09-01_082735.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post some screenshots/sketches to illustrate what you mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like tip is ignored.

My guess:

2017-09-01_083410.jpg

2017-09-01_082929.jpg

2017-09-01_082735.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The measurements being based on manual markings are somewhat off, but it seems the Concavity describes % of the length of the arrowhead on the middle axis.

Edited:

arrowHeadConcavityTest2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like it Jarda! I didn't try that. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One potential problem with the data under "keyOriginType" might be that it would not reflect if somebody had performed manual changes on the Vector Mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 03, 2017 Sep 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that's right. Anyway you can check if keyOriginType is valid. I created arrow and then I changed points. Then I performed panel feature for comparing differences of layer before and after. And these properties are different.

2017-09-03_204811.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super cool "Eye of Providence" panel, Jarda Bereza , what's that all about? 🙂

Davide Barranca - PS developer and author
www.ps-scripting.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 03, 2017 Sep 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Davide_Barranca   napsal(a)

Super cool "Eye of Providence" panel, https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jarda+Bereza  , what's that all about? 🙂

This helps seekers like you, find the truth about Photoshop mysteries. It's my tool to help me write more powerfull Magic Scripts and complete them in the Spellbook panel.

It's private tool now. And I have a lot Ideas how to do it much better.

E.g.

- bult-in script listener like text from file and JSON preview from arguments.

- Saving/loading/comparing JSON as text files. (easy way to find new properties in new PS versions ect.)

- pin properties in "watch sub-panel"

- properties searching (in JSON tree)

- json merging... from everthing what was analyzed in order to create JSON tree scructure with all possible properties for all layers and add these properties into JSON tree as unavailable.

- autoupdate on layer / document / path / history select

I do not know if it will be public or under what license. Would you like to contribute code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow, it sounds great! I don't know if I would be of some actual use myself, but I'd surely like to test and contribute to the project!

Please let me know, thank you

Davide Barranca - PS developer and author
www.ps-scripting.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines