• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saved as PDF then PSD and it completely merged my project

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if it asked me something different this time in the saving process?? But I literally didn't go out of my way to save it as a merged project.

It wouldn't let me undo the issue in Photoshop, the History completely went away and only had my merged doc.

I 'saved as .pdf' then saved the document as a '.psd' to I can come back and work on it, but it merged all layers to one picture.

I spent countless hours on this project and really hope there is a solution to this issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not think there is If you could not of back up in  history and the document has been flattened.  Is the PDF Saved a multi page PDF. Pages open as separate document.  I do not save PDF using Photoshop  years ago I did save a PDF Presentation. Using multiple open documents I believe.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop just starting saving my files as merged and there is no HISTORY!!! HELP how do UNDO this???? Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you closed the image the history is gone.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved the question, for reason I thought my history would be there when I opened! I'm not sure WHY! Operator ERROR! Thank you all for your replies!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be interested in what Photoshop version this happened with?  I certainly used to be a problem, and I am ashamed to say that it got me twice several years ago, but I has not happened recently, and I don't think I have changed my workflow.

Anyway...  If you uncheck 'keep layers' (or something like that), when exporting to PDF, it will save a flattened PSD unless you recheck that setting.   But like I say...  I have a feeling that they have fixed that nasty little gotcha with recent updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Trevor,

Interesting, I never noticed this in earlier versions then just upgraded to 2021 last week and discovered this the hard way. What's odd is that the individual layers are still there after saving the merged pdf and when I hit "save as psd", but then if I close and reopen, the layers are merged 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It suspect you destroyed your Layers by not saving the pdf with »Preserve Photoshop Editing Capabilities« checked.

Unless you have back-ups that would appear to be that …

I don't know if it asked me something different this time in the saving process?? But I literally didn't go out of my way to save it as a merged project.

Did you close the file after saving as a pdf?

In Photoshop saving a pdf should be done »As a Copy« in my opinion and the layered file saved as psd, psb or tif.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines