• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for a solution to allow a client to customize content on white label Muse website

Participant ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I am looking for a simple solution to allow clients to be able to customise content on whitelabel Adobe Muse websites that i build.

The most likely things would be images, links and text.

For example, if i were to build a whitelabel plumbing website...plumbers who purchase it would obviously need to edit content with that which is relevant to their own business (not the generic content shown on the whitelabel website i build).

I have seen various CMS systems for adobe muse however these are not really the model that i wish to follow as they seem to require membership or some appear to have limitations that do not suit my needs.

A couple of my own thoughts on possible solutions

1. editable pdf documents (how to provide this option if customer doesnt have cc subscription for adobe acrobat?)

2. a simply html option (iframes in a text document in the assets folder on webserver)

3. perhaps storing the ability to hold this "editable content" on another webserver...for example a wordpress one with user accounts. This might just be doubling up in that maybe website would best be wordpress in the first place? However I am trying to find a solution that doesnt require clients to perform regular security updates as is needed in wordpress. The more custom plugins, themes, widgets in wordpress the less automatic updates work and the more manual updating has to be done. as soon as manual updating is required.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think i have found my answer already built right into Muse itself..."file>site properties>Advanced - IBE - Enable In Browser Editing"

Setup ftp to hosting service, publish site, and voila. Hopefully this will provide me with enough editing capability to suit client needs to customise a whitelabel website

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not think it's a good idea to create a Whitelabel using Muse. Muse program for designers, not for website development. The possibilities of IBE are very limited and I'm afraid, will greatly disappoint your customers.

The best way is to use some kind of CMS and buy a developer license for commercial extensions, which allow you to build pages and which you can include in the assembly. This will give you exactly what you want. Muse will not let you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pavel,

thanks for your reply. So are you suggesting a Muse based CMS or a different platform altogether?

I noticed that once Muse exports to the webserver, i can then open files using dreamweaver. Does this mean I should treat the functioning whitelabel more like a html site?

I was a little concerned about using an external cms as it makes the process of automating the sales of whitelabel websites a little difficult. I would have to manually purchase and then setup accounts for every whitelabel site i sell.

My aim is simply to try to avoid the complexity of maintaining wordpress websites (even though i am happy using wordpress and do so regularly, it is very labour intensive)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. I suggesting a different platform altogether.

My aim is simply to try to avoid the complexity of maintaining wordpress websites (even though i am happy using wordpress and do so regularly, it is very labour intensive)

There is no alternative. And it's not difficult at all. For your purposes, Muse does not fit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines