• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2017 isn't working

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know the title to my problem sounds vague, but it's hard to put into a few words. Photoshop has been working flawlessly since I got it a few years ago, until now. I'm really panicking here because I use Photoshop a lot. Anyway, the problem is, I wanted to create my own crosshair image for a Unity project I'm making, so I went into Photoshop as usual and make a 1024x1024 pixel file. The first thing I notice is that the background is black instead of the default white colour, and I checked the background colour and it was supposed to be white. I try correcting this by using the Fill tool to make it white but I get an error: Could not use the Fill tool because of a program error. I tried the Brush tool, same thing. I'm really baffled. I can't add any new layers either, I can't delete the default background or even unlock it. There's something seriously wrong with my program at the moment.

I tried checking if Photoshop was the most recent version and checked for updates, and it was up to date. My anti-virus security program is in the green (I have Norton 360). I tried opening an old Photoshop file and it was working absolutely fine. The hard drive that Photoshop uses the scratch disks for is fine. I just can't make any new files. I'm really worried that it's somehow got corrupted. I did notice that when I went to log in the Adobe CC panel where I can update my applications, it initially said there was an issue with my firewall or something, but I clicked Retry and I just logged in and it seemed fine. I haven't had any updates on my PC recently. I think I moved a few files around on my hard drive (not my C: hard drive but my other one I use) to make it more organised, but I wouldn't have thought that would affect anything.

I'm a bit frazzled. Has anyone got any suggestions or experienced this before? I'm worried I might have to reinstall Photoshop (I really hope I don't have to). Everything else is running fine on my PC. There's no obvious viruses or anything. Norton isn't picking anything up. The last time I used Photoshop was when I was editing some UV maps exported from 3DS Max, and it was fine then.

UPDATE: Typical. I get all worried and put a frantic long-winded post up, and the stupid thing seems to have fixed itself. Never mind, sorry.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

A page listing basic trouble-shooting routines for future reference:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A page listing basic trouble-shooting routines for future reference:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines