• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC always wants to save changes on exit.

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have a similar problem as this one here: Acrobat XI insists on saving every pdf the 1st time it is opened

We are using Adobe Acrobat DC in our Company. We experience the problem, that Acrobat always wants to save changes to PDF documents when closing, even when we have not done any changes. This happens only to more complex PDF files created by CorelDRAW. We already contacted Corel regarding this issue and they said, that the problem is on Adobe side.

We are not using any plugins. The problem exists on all computers when opening files with Acrobat DC. The reader doesnt have this problem.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

I'll quote from my answer to the question you linked to:

This is an indication for a corrupt PDF file - one that Acrobat can actually fix when it's opening the file. Because the file got fixed when you opened it, it is technically modified (even though you did not modify it via the user interface), and that's why Acrobat prompts you to save the file. Complain to whoever creates these corrupt PDF documents.

This still applies here. Even though Corel claims it's not their problem, if it happens to f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll quote from my answer to the question you linked to:

This is an indication for a corrupt PDF file - one that Acrobat can actually fix when it's opening the file. Because the file got fixed when you opened it, it is technically modified (even though you did not modify it via the user interface), and that's why Acrobat prompts you to save the file. Complain to whoever creates these corrupt PDF documents.

This still applies here. Even though Corel claims it's not their problem, if it happens to files only from their product, it is their problem. If you can provide a sample file, we might be able to tell you exactly what's wrong with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On behalf of Adobe Systems Incorporated, I'll confirm Karl's response.

Acrobat and Reader are fairly liberal in terms of remediating problematic PDF files and allowing them to be displayed, printed, and otherwise processed. In some cases, significant changes to the original files are necessary such that to prevent future inability to open such files, Acrobat offers to save the “fixed” file.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe needs to come up with an internal solution that can be set in the preferences. There is no need to save  files that are just being viewed to check.  I have to check 100s of pdf files generated from various sources to make sure people are completing required courses. I do not want to save any of these.  My current solution is to force quit, but they when I log back on I get prompted to restore, which of course I do not want to.

Either create an option to SAVE NONE or SAVE ALL or do something so these popups can be disabled regardless of the pdf source.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe shouldn't automatically fix files if user doesn't want to, also, if this is a necessary internal operation user should be notified and NOT just ask to save teh file, why save? user doesn't know why save and if there is something wrong, in addition user may NOT want to save teh PDF at all, this in my opinion should be a totally individual choice, if PDF cannot be displayed or print user hould be notified about the problem and NOT automatically fixed the file, I don't want my original PDF to be modified, and if I save it like Acrobat suggests then my PDF becomes unasable to view on same browsers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines