Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Various animations in one page

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a question. I'm trying to create a presentation, just as created in Powerpoint.

I'm inserting a event the start the animation of the page after the click of the mouse, but all the animations show immediately.

What I want: Blank page; (click) the title appear; (click) a diagram appear; (click) next page....

As this presentation is a corporate one, it's not viable to add a button to start determined action.

I hope someone have a solution.

Thanks. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open your animation panel, you can select any item in your design,  select a preset animation (appear, fade, and so on). below that is the event options, here you can select the "on click" option. see screenshot.

Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 4.44.18 PM.png

here are more detail instructions:

Animate InDesign objects in your documents

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is, if I insert the animation for all the objects of the page to "on click", all the objects will appear in the same time, after the first click.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now open the timing panel. And use it to control the order of things

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another way to possibly do this is to create invisible buttons that only you know the location of, and which trigger the appropriate animation. Since you only have three clicks, you could put them at the bottom of the page in roughly each third of the area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for fun! 

Animations on … only one page!

https://indd.adobe.com/view/d40c03d1-51fa-4d8d-b01f-a4e6b4e9d1cf

(^/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Obi-wan Kenobi, how have you set this up, please, in brief?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

… "Un nouveau cas d'école"!  😉

(^/)

I could share the ID file but without explanation! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please do share. i am interested in testing that animation with IN5, i could use something like that if i can get it work with that platform.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obi-wan Kenobi​ yes, please kindly make the Obi-wan Kenobi.indd file available. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

ID file (CC 2015).

Dropbox - One-Page-Animations_TestFile_Shared-2017-08-31.zip

… Enjoy! 

(^/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Obi-wan Kenobi, thanks. I had suspected Show/Hide buttons and on first glance, this seems at least part of the technique. I'll look more closely later, but thanks for sharing the file!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Diane, it's really more complex! Good headaches!! 

(^/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they however will not work on the ipad. most stuff does not work on acrobat for ipad for interactive .pdf section panel options. so if you are going to have people open things on the ipad. test first to see if its even worth the time to make...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"You talk to me?! …"  [from Taxi Driver]

(^/) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, yours works, I was talking interactive .pdf reader animations. I am going to see if it works to take your file and export to IN5. Ever use it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did it work?

P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(^/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Testing it on Tuesday. I will post a link and share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check it out. looks just fine.. really nice. thanks. i will hold on to that. i will use that:

One-Page-Animations_TestFile_Shared-2017-08-31

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonathan,

The ID animations construction I've used here is really too complex to work correctly! … 

(^/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it did work fine on IN5 did you see the link. its good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw it! …

My sample is an infinite loop with 5 steps!

See the original [in Publish Online]!

(^/) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

now i understand. yes, with IN5 it breaks at the end. Its the loop code, i am fine with what it can do. I am sure if you post to IN5 forums he would have the work around. it requires code for the work arounds. that is the only thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Diane will send it to Justin! [if not already done!] 

(^/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines