• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to get a banner design to a print shop

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to get a banner design to a print shop, yet I do not understand how to accomplish what the lady is asking. The biggest thing is I can not figure out how to save it the way she needs me to.

She says to save it "by flattening the image and save it at full size-150 DPI. Using PSD the photoshop file"

I am still learning this all and a small business trying to help with disaster relief. I do not see PSD on the save options and sent it saved as a photoshop file, but that did not work.

Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Be sure you have the right software. She's talking about Photoshop. Make sure you have Photoshop, not Photoshop Elements.

2. When you do a save as from Photoshop PSD is the main choice. That's a Photoshop file. But you need to understand how to see the actual file type in your system.

3. What does "did not work" actually mean? So many things can go wrong, you see...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PSD stands for Photoshop Document, the native Photoshop file format. If you have a graphic or image open in Photoshop you can use Save As to select from the Format drop-down menu various formats, such as JPG (as well as PSD, which is the first item in the list and has the name Photoshop, but will have the PSD suffix when you save the file in that format).

If you produce a Photoshop file with Layers, such as one having a Photograph and another with lettering, you can flatten it (merge) it for distribution. But always save it as a copy so you can go back to your original layered file to make further changes. (When you flatten an image you can't make changes to individual layers any more).

The resolution of an image is measured in pixels per inch (PPI) although some people, mistaken in this context, use the term DPI (Dots per Inch). 150PPI means you have in your image 150 pixels – Pixel Elements (or whatever resolution you've selected ) in a line in one inch. So for example if you had an image that was 1200 pixels wide, by 600 px deep at 150PPI it would print an image 8 inches x 4 inches. The rule of thumb for images that are to be printed on coated paper for magazines and books etc, on commercial litho presses is 300PPI

If you're creating a large banner that's to be viewed from a distance you may not need to have a resolution as high as 150PPI. What is the trimmed size of your banner?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines