Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to show my students de possibilities of Photoshop in an video

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from The Lounge to Photoshop General Discussion.]

Can you help me to find a good video where the student can see all the tips and tricks of Photoshop, als the mistakes (fails)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to offer some advice based on my own experience teaching Photoshop courses.

I have found that nothing beats putting together 60 or 70 side-by-side pairs of before-and-after images that address the techniques that our group will be learning during the semester and showing them as a slide presentation during which time I discuss, in non-technical terms, the method used in each case. The students are prompted to ask questions in the event I inadvertently uses terms that are unfamiliar to them. The slide presentation is produced with Bridge. I have found this far more beneficial than a video which may proceed at a pace that may be entertaining but not really educational.

In addition, almost all the "before" the images presented are then used throughout the term as the students work at computers during the instructional part of each class. This is one of the images from my set.

luke.jpg

Perspective correction, stretching the image, clouds, open shadows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for the valuable tip, but I wanted my students (who will only discover photoshop for max 20 hours) get a bit warm ;-). But discussing what you see is indeed a lot more instructive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do a lot, but asking for "all" the tips and tricks for a 20 hour course is just impossible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

'To Show the Possibilities of Photoshop'

Taking that statement from your subject line, I am going to throw in Bert Monroy's Times Square illustration.

An illustration you can zoom way way in on

And then zoom in some more

And know that it was made entirely with Photoshop over several years.  All the textures, perspective, the shadows cast...  It was all made using Bert's skill with Photoshop, with some help from Illustrator. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop takes years to master.  I don't think one video can possibly cover everything.  What are your students mainly interested in right now?  That might narrow things down a bit.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines