• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Launching Application into Background fails on iOS

Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I have an adobe response on this bug (https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/AIR-4026124)? When do you think he'll solve it as two years have passed? You have to first think about solving important things before ......

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully someone from Adobe will drop by, but in the meantime I have questions.

What tool was used to create the sample app? I wouldn't know where to being in testing the app.

Have you tried local notifications? That has the same needs, in that iOS launches it in the background and then calls the app to let it know about a user touch. Those work ok, so I would have thought that location services would work.

In your function that handles the location call from iOS, does the function get reached? You could do a trace while in debug via USB to see if it gets there.

If it does reach the function, are you doing anything that involves drawing graphics? Trying to use Stage3D while the app is in the background could lead to the error you're seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had seen the original message, and downloaded the sample files. I just can't tell what program they were created in.

I sent a message to the Adobe staff member who posted in July 2015, asking for them to come back and let people know if there is any news.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's such a pity massive issues like this just get ignored. I know a lot of devs have left AIR because of this issue. Basically makes any location tracking app impossible on iOS with AIR as you have to ask your users to manually start the app.

Please let me know if I can help at all, we have done a lot of work with location for our Location and Beacon ANEs and would be really happy to have this issue resolved.

air native extensions // https://airnativeextensions.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just throwing this out there - just in case - have you tried running a Starling APP with a custom Bootstrap - without calling:

starling.start();

Starling provides a way to explicitly prevent rendering with:

Starling.current.stop(true);

So, if Starling is never started I'm just wondering whether the error would still occur if nothing is being rendered?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm putting together a new test case for this now, but from memory it didn't even get to the root application class so no AS3 code ran at all, let alone initialising starling. I believe our test was just using a simple display list app to minimise the issues.

air native extensions // https://airnativeextensions.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines