• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC RAW file issue

Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed Photoshop CC 2017 for Windows 8.1.

The preview when opening ARW RAW files from Sony A6000 doesn't display the image correctly, only a coloured box so I can't make any edits before opening the file.

Camera Raw plugin is up to date, sony arw raw driver is installed for Windows.

Any ideas on what else is causing this issue?

Cheers

Title and message was edited by: Federico Platon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Unchecking GPU in Camera Raw preferences (not PS preferences) fixes this. An updated driver should, but no guarantees that this particular bug is fixed.

Generally there's no need to have GPU enabled in ACR, except if you have a 4K / 5K monitor. Then it supposedly speeds up screen redraw. With a standard monitor it just adds overhead and may actually slow things down.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To open and edit Raw files in Photoshop no Raw driver from camera is needed.

The problem likely arises from an outdated (old) video card driver for Windows 8.1

Go to the video card manufacturer web site and download the latest driver released for Windows 8.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The files are .arw format. Please don't edit things to raw when the file type is what I stated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked you monitor color profile.

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unchecking GPU in Camera Raw preferences (not PS preferences) fixes this. An updated driver should, but no guarantees that this particular bug is fixed.

Generally there's no need to have GPU enabled in ACR, except if you have a 4K / 5K monitor. Then it supposedly speeds up screen redraw. With a standard monitor it just adds overhead and may actually slow things down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this has fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines