• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After installing InDesign CC 2017 the cursor just spin

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just installed inDesign CC 2017. I created a new page but I can't select any of the top menu or tools in the application.

My cursor just spins, like it is processing something. I've re-install the inDesign CC 2017 twice and I am getting the same behavior.

Working on a Windows 10.

Any ideas or suggestion will be greatly appreciated to overcome this issue?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing to try is to restore InDesign preferences:

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Steve!

I've tried trashed, replaced and restored the application preferences. I am still getting the same behavior and can't type.

Also, I did the Adobe clean up, no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you restart your system once and then work with just InDesign? Often applications like Chrome interfere with the cursor behavior in InDesign.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carlos,

Did you try the suggestions? Feel free to share your findings, so that we can assist you further.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Om, I did tried your suggestion and I am still have the same issue. I recorded the behavior, see link below.

AIS CC 2017.1 issue

I had all browsers closed and let Adobe Indesign launched. You can see in the recording, I can't select any top menu. I can open a new document but that is it. This problem I don't have it using Adobe Indesign CC 2015.4

Also, am showing my task manager so you can see what can be causing this behavior if that helps.

Looking forward it for a new suggestion.

Kind regards,

Carlos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carlos,

Please try these steps and share the result:

1) Close all Adobe applications and confirm from task manager if all the applications and processes related to Adobe are closed.

2) Click notification area and check if there is any application like webcom, if yes please right click and exit.

3) Open programs and features from control panel and uninstall webcom adware from lavasoft.

4) Relaunch Indesign and check.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Om, I don't have webcom adware installed in my computer.

Regards,

Carlos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the details. Please create a new user account in your computer (Admin). Log in to the new account and check InDesign in it. Do share your findings.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026923/windows-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-accoun...

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines