• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate Camera is a BROKEN MESS!

Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe team really needs to pull up their socks and look into this glitch.

I'm working on an animation that requires the camera to move around and focus and pan on the characters. The camera is well set and captures the scene at the perfect position. I save the file and close the project.

I come back again much later to work on the animation some more and I find that my Camera Layer automatically disappeared. I click the camera button to bring it back and the camera is completely out of focus and was offset from the original position by 360 and -160 pixels (My project canvas is 1280x720px big). The tweens I added to the camera layer are still here, but everything was shifted into the wrong direction. I literally had to redo the camera animation by resetting the camera position from 360, -160 to 0,0 for all frames, redo the tweens and, drag the camera to the write position again. Took me an extra 30 minutes.

This is the most annoying glitch I ever ran into on flash; and this isn't even my first time. This camera glitch has happened to me four or five times and it was always a pain to fix them.

Does anyone else run into these bugs? Is there a way to fix this or figure out what's causing this? Is Adobe working on fixing this bug?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

I feel sure some of what you see was fixed in the last update. Other things sound familiar, as if I had heard of them being fixed since then.

I don't know when the next update is to be, but you could contact Mohan to see about being on the prerelease. If you have cases where the camera goes wrong that they don't already know about, that would be useful to the Animate team.

You can send him a message via his profile page: Mohanaraj

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel sure some of what you see was fixed in the last update. Other things sound familiar, as if I had heard of them being fixed since then.

I don't know when the next update is to be, but you could contact Mohan to see about being on the prerelease. If you have cases where the camera goes wrong that they don't already know about, that would be useful to the Animate team.

You can send him a message via his profile page: Mohanaraj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This issue has already been addressed and you may not be using the latest version of Animate. Could you please check the version of Animate you are running? If it is not 16.5.1.104, then please update it using the Creative Cloud desktop application.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 18.0.2 ( build 126 ) still has the issue of not exporting the camera movement in PNG sequences.
Nor does the exprot video show any movement. It plays great on screen.
Layers seem to offset different in exports as well.

Next time I will just use blender for 2D animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi - Just want to let you know that the Camera effects are now preserved in PNG Sequence in Animate CC 2019. Please try out the latest release of Animate CC. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines