• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cut off the size of a Selected Area

Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to change the size of a selected Area without using the ALT+Selection deselection?

I need to cut off 50% of the selcted area like resize an image with the canvas size option, so I got only the left side of the shape object selected.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

You could use Quick Mask to make jobs like this easier. It will make your selection into a "paintable" selection. Select the whole rectangle then go into Quic Mask mode. Then draw another section around the area you want to remove from the selection. Fill with Black to remove that area or white to add areas to the selection.

Hope this helps.

Angie Taylor | http:/www.creativecabin.co.uk

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can always transform a selection that you all ready made, just go to the menu select, and then transform.

Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 7.13.41 PM.png

You can also choose a % to reduce or expand it.

Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 7.14.06 PM.png

best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer. sadly that doesn't work for me.

1.PNG

I got for example a triangle. And I only want to select the left or ride side. The % doesn't work like a canvas image resize so the result looks like that :

2.PNG

And I need this :

finish.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you what to deselect a part of a selection it's the only way, you can use it with alt or you can select option from here

Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 9.53.29 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could use Quick Mask to make jobs like this easier. It will make your selection into a "paintable" selection. Select the whole rectangle then go into Quic Mask mode. Then draw another section around the area you want to remove from the selection. Fill with Black to remove that area or white to add areas to the selection.

Hope this helps.

Angie Taylor | http:/www.creativecabin.co.uk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines