• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

export for signature without cloud service?

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I'm testing out Adobe Sign, and overall like the product. However for my specific needs the documents cannot be stored or transfered via 3rd party cloud.

I would like to create a pdf document with a signature field

which i could manually email to someone directly

have them open it on a mobile device

execute the signature field

and then manually email it back, with the signature metadata intact/unmodifiable

I don't want to get into a discussion as to how safe Adobe's cloud servers are or are not, i'm simply constrained by corporate infosec rules and so am looking for a work around and the above process flow meets my needs.

I have attempted to add signature fields to a PDF using Adobe Acrobat DC Pro, but when i open it on a mobile device i don't have any interactivity on it.

advice? alternatives?

thank you

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

The default PDF viewer on iOS is not from Adobe, does not sign, and cannot be changed. So that's the starting point, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To start with, are you opening in the Acrobat Reader app on the mobile? It isn't the default. See Acrobat Reader Help for iOS: Creating Signatures and Signing  if you are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>To start with, are you opening in the Acrobat Reader app on the mobile

no, i'm simply using a native email provider (in this case gmail)

will try your link

also i just found out that the "basic" Adobe Sign "app" is free (in apple store anyway). Maybe if i include instructions to download a proper reader or the app... although that adds a layer of complexity to a client's interaction.

thank you for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The default PDF viewer on iOS is not from Adobe, does not sign, and cannot be changed. So that's the starting point, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines