• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Diaglog Window Keeps Popping UP

Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Lightroom CC (updated version) on Windows 10 (updated) Pro. After the last Lightroom update, the Import dialog window started opening on its own. I have disabled the option to open it when a card is inserted. It was doing it last week and it stopped after I unchecked that option. It is still unchecked and today the Import Dialog box keeps opening. I don't know what else is prompting it to open. There are no images in the window.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

It stopped doing it today but it had stopped doing this a fews week ago too, so for now I will see how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Needlepointernc,

Please backup your catalog and restore Preferences following Resetting Preferences in Lightroom CC/6 ​

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did not seem to help. Import dialog box opened again when Lightr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your Autoplay settings in the Control panel.

Make sure that they are set to Take no action for Pictures.

autoplay.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That Windows thing is unrelated to Lightroom... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unplug all USB drives and or devices connected to the USB ports on your computer and test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the Autoplay setttings did not help. I have not tried removing USB drives because I have several and my catalog is on one of them. I will do them one at a time. But, I have had these drives for a long time with Lightroom and had no problems until I updated Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the drives/devices you have connected LR thinks, is seeing it, as a card reader with memory card inserted. Also in LR make sure the option to "Show import dialog when a memory card is detected" is unchecked. It is in the Import Options section of the LR Preferences on the General tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It stopped doing it today but it had stopped doing this a fews week ago too, so for now I will see how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is happening to me too... what can i do?

i'm running it on Win10pro too. Cant find any working sollutions eather

kind regards,

Bob Smeets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try unchecking the option Edit > Preferences > General > Show Import Dialog When A Memory Card Is Detected, as previously suggested by Just Shoot Me: Re: Import Diaglog Window Keeps Popping UP

On Windows, when LR detects any new drive letter defined, it pops open the Import window.  (There are a number of reasons why your computer might be defining new drive letters.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I unmarked them already and there are no devices plugged in to my laptop and still... i think i'm going to reinstall CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Windows File Explorer, go to This PC, and see if you see any new drive letters appearing at the time the Import window opens. (Various apps and utilities can create drive letters without any hardware being attached.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!

Disabling the auto-detection of SD Cards was helpful! No more import dialog popping up with no reason!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've this ussue today. 

with new version of lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines