• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Iphone 6 Photos to Photoshop Elements 15 Organizer in Chronological Order

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to find the best way to import photos from an IPhone by the date taken and exclude all other photos on the phone from being imported to the new folder.  I previously accomplished this in Picasa by selecting all the photos that had been taken since the last download and importing to a new folder.  Picasa began scrambling all of the photos into random date order when they were pulled up in the Import function.  Thus, I purchased PS Elements 15 hoping to solve the issue, but it is doing the same thing.  Any help you can offer is appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To sort the photos in Elements Organizer 15, you can simply click on Sort By drop down present in Media View and choose Newest/Oldest as per your convenience.

Also, to see photos sorted import batch wise, you can choose Import Batch as the sort order.

Thanks,

Anwesha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Anwesha,

I have the same problem.  It started when I was using 14, so I bought 15 hoping it would be fixed.  It isn't.

the issues are:

Photos are not put into folders on photo taken date - mostly it picks up import date and time instead but appears a bit random.

Previously imported photos are re-imported - it no longer recognises what you have already imported.

Using the importer, the photos shown on the iPhone are not in photo taken order - again now appears random, even when you sort newest or oldest

Theres definitely something going wrong with date formats and import using IOS10 and Photoshop elements 15.

PLEASE FIX - otherwise PSE is fast becoming unusable with Apple phones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines