Exit

Could save as PDF now cannot

Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have Win 10 x63 1703 and PS Cs5

I have always been able to save my psds as PDFs however I am not sure why however with this last image I am not able to.

I think I have followed the correct protocols altho' never had to worry before about settings.. just saves 'as is'.

Any ideas please?

Thanks you

oz

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 03, 2017 Sep 03, 2017

Many thanks to both of you. I am still not sure what it was however for some strange reason it is fine now.

I only flattened the image and turned off Drop shadow fx on one layer.

Anyway, all good now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2017 Sep 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any info about your image nobody can tell you anything. it could be too large, could have a wrong color mode, could use some flakey color profiles or restricted external content. We simply can't know.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

At least this gives me the a place to start.

The image did save as a PDF when last used but I updated it by changing some of ten images and text and turning the previous ones off in the layer scroll. Alasy worked before this way but not now.

I will investigate what you have mentioned.

oz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is probably safe to assume that one of the images, or the text that you changed is the culprit. Did you change a font? It is also possible that one of the fonts is missing and it can't reconcile it to create the pdf.

Let us know what you find!

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks to both of you. I am still not sure what it was however for some strange reason it is fine now.

I only flattened the image and turned off Drop shadow fx on one layer.

Anyway, all good now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yay! I am glad it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines