• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't find a way to install most recent Flash.ocx having dev issues due to Adobe

Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In visual studio the shockwave flash plugin is referenced at SYSWOW64   Flash.ocx

For some reason the most up to date Flash.ocx is breaking having higher layered SWFs interacting with base/movie swf. The memory cannot be written. This has been like this since some Security update a year ago.

I recently used an older Flash.ocx version for my 32 bit location SYSTEM32, and targeted x84 CPU in Visual studio which allowed me to use multiple layered SWFs interacting with each other.

Now I need a solid answer since Adobe for the past year has refused to address this issue with their product. I need to know how I can get the latest Flash.ocx because I've tried installing adobe, uninstalling completely, restarting, installing, restarting, still no Flash.ocx

My friend wanted the fix for his computer, so I used the same .ocx  version 22 I used but for him it just wouldn't load the com.

Can I please get some help on this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These do not install the Flash.ocx and I don't know where Flash.ocx comes from. I really need to get some information on this google is lacking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's installed with the flash player for ie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 doesn't let me install flash player for IE.

IE has embeded flash which is always up to date, same with Chrome and Edge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try firefox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've downloaded all the adobe versions multiple times trying to install to get the Flash.ocx to be installed again. Noneo f that works, I've tried fully clean uninstall, restart, and reinstalled but it never appears.

On my other computers it registered Flash32_26_0_0_151.ocx  / Flash64_26_0_0_151.ocx  but my windows 10 wont create the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my guess is there is a way to install that (maybe using compatibility mode when installing those programs dependent on an old ocx), but maybe win10 isn't compatible with your older programs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No I can run a command to check if the reference is good. For some reason on some Windows 10s the older ocx just doesn't register. And running compatibility mode didn't let me install either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a Flash expert but I suspect you won't get any technical satisfaction as

1. ActiveX, like many other browser plugins, doesn't have much of a future.

2. The Flash player will no longer be supported at all by 2020.

So while I can see your frustration, there's likely no sense in either aspect being resolved.

Time to figure out a new approach to your software, methinks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not how this works. I'm making a program for Flash games. There is demand, but Adobe Flash security update has broken the functionality of Shockwave flash in .NET

I've tried to use different Flash.ocx versions, some of which fix the problem. I know I won't get an answer, last year I begged Adobe to address this problem. No response, was totally ignored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines