• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

dragging a new mouth in?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay samuari video here states that moving a puppet element such as a mouth can be easily dragged into an existing puppet however never really clarifies how that is done. This is mentioned here What's New In Adobe Character Animator CC Beta (November 2016) - YouTube

I have tried to play around with it to see what I can accomplish and when I drag a mouth.puppet around in the software it only seems like I can add it to a scene, not an existing puppet easily. I can add it in as a separate puppet in the scene (so now there are two puppets), but again, Im trying to just replace lets say a mouth on one puppet with another mouth (not really trying to make two puppets). The okay samurai video says this is easy and places a new mouth (already rigged) and so on. Does anyone know how? Thanks!

Also, out of curiosity he shows a mouth and eyes template there and says theyre posted via the links below but for the life of me I cant find an eye template... he has a cool one built with eyes that the pupil get small and large with keyboard commands. Anyone know where these files are? thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 03, 2017 Sep 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Double click on the puppet that you want to add the mouth into (this opens it in the puppet panel)

2. from the project panel, drag the mouth puppet (or any other puppet) into the desired group in the puppet puppet. Note that once it's dragged in, you can reorder it within the group, but not move it into another group, so make sure it's in the one you want from the start.

If you have a part of puppet A (as opposed to the entire puppet) that you'd like to use in puppet B, you can right-click on that part (group) in the puppet panel and choose Make Shareable. It will then show up in the project panel, and you can use it for step 2 above.

Sorry, not sure where the example puppet you're talking about is, but DaveM will likely chime in when he's back from vacation.

Most examples are here: Character Animator Examples

or here: Okay Samurai Puppets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the puppets you're referencing are older, they can be found in tiny text at the very bottom of Okay Samurai Puppets for the Beta 5 examples - http://adobe.ly/297v7Wg should have them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you. Huge fan of your work and dedication by the way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines