Expand my Community achievements bar.

Highlight duplicate fields with scripting?

Level 2

Hi everyone. I need help. I'm new to LiveCycle and I wanted to know if it's possible to write a script to highlight duplicate values in a table of numeric fields. I want to create something in LiveCycle like what I did in Excel. I created a simple table of 1 row, 6 columns (my "Numbers Drawn" table) and a table of 50 rows and 6 columns ("Our Numbers"). I will enter numbers in the Our Numbers section, then when numbers are drawn, I will enter them in the Numbers Drawn table. Instead of checking to see if I have any matches manually, is there a way to highlight duplicate values as in excel? Do I have to make one table or can I do this with several tables checking against each other for duplicate values? I included a picture of what I did in excel. Thanks for your help!!

Capture1.JPG

4 Replies

Level 10

It should be pretty simple.

Compare the value entered in cell (for e.g. F2 in excel) with all the last columns of all rows.

Try that and let me know. If you find it difficult I will send you a sample PDF.

Nith

Level 2

Yes, please send sample! I have been playing around with it in LiveCycle and I can get some cells to work and others do not! Getting frustrated. Thank you so much.

Level 2

Nevermind... I got a response from Niall O\'Donovan. He created a sample found here http://assure.ly/AcRpsv. Using this sample I was able to play around a bit and get it to work exactly how I need it to. Thanks for the responses!

Level 1

Hello,

sorry to revive old thread but I would also like to know how to highlight duplicates but in columns, I.e., duplicate values going down a column.

just a simple script will do instead of the complicated script on assuredynamics that helped the original poster.